[13]

BRYAN

The streets were so busy with different group of protesters. Those who were protesting against Boyce, and those who were for him. The car drove through parking two buildings away from the three storey building that accommodated Communicis. It was one of the leading media houses in the country.

Austen Benson was a young guy of about twenty seven years with dark brown hairs who had overtime proved to be a successful journalist. Many respected him especially celebrities and politicians because he will never waste a moment to release a very juicy headline about their scandals. Rumors has it that he had most of these guys at the tip of his finger which meant they feared him and allowed him have is ways most of the times.

But I admired him because he was diligent and very good at what he did. Ninety-five percent of his stories were always proven to be factual. The next person who was keenly knitted to Austen was his always angry and serious minded sister, Allison. She was the head of operations.

We all grew up together when we were quite very little but Ally had a very nasty character with so many attitudes. She would purposely throw bait at you to see you get trapped. So it was pretty much obvious that they could likely be the culprits.

Morgan had gone down to scout the area before informing me about the group of protesters gathered all around the building. He suggested we go through a less visible entrance which I agreed with him on. He led us through one of the emergency exit door which was behind underground.

We swiftly moved into the building with the office so rowdy and busy. There were random movements of people up and down, buzzing of phones, paging of intercoms, shuffling of papers and tapping of keypads that no one noticed us.

We strode into the empty elevator and moments later, we were walking into the beautifully decorated reception.

“Sir” Austen's secretary called out to me rising to her feet once she recognized our presence. “I’ll inform him” she said walking  into Austen’s office.

Surprisingly, Ally appeared from behind, “Well! Well! Well! Look who we’ve got here celebrity star actress Bridget Brent with her billionaire brother Bryan Brent” she teased swirling around.

“Oh, I didn’t notice that award winning betrayal journalist Ally Benson was in the building” Bridget snapped back with a wicked smile spread across her face. Ally quickly retreated in embarrassment as the secretary ushered us into Austen’s office.

“And if it’s not my very good friend and his family” Austen smiled and was walking towards me stretching out his hands when I rushed at him, slapping my palms across his chest pushing him hard  against the wall with my fists raised to his face leaving the others shocked at my reactions. Even though I was full of rage, I could easily see their faces with my side eye.

He was shocked at my actions and spoke up confused “Hey man, calm down. What do you think you’re doing?" He tried to wriggle out of my grip but I tightened it around his neck fuming seriously.

“Why did you do it Austen” I growled louder demanding an answer from him.

“I don’t.... und…..er…stand” he stammered. His insincerity was killing me and without much thought I released my fist into his face and again causing blood to gush out from his nostrils and the side of his mouth.

“Bryan, baby please stop it” Michelle cried out rushing over to me and wrapping her arms around my waist and holding me firmly “It’s ok, please its ok” she pleaded with me.

Her touch on my body calmed my nerves causing them to relax. I felt I’d disappointed her a bit letting her see me in this mood I’d always tried to conceal and control. I tried swirling around so I could look at her face but she was not letting go.