Homecoming

3rd Person POV:

Stefan Salvatore dialled a number by memory on his cell phone as he leaned his elbows on his knees where he sat on one of the armchairs in the living room.

 The phone line rang twice before he heard the click to indicate that the owner had answered.

“Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves.” Niklaus Mikaelson’s voice sounded through the phone in a cheerful manner and Stefan sat up straighter in his seat in anticipation.

“Your father is dead.” Stefan told him bluntly and Klaus paused for a minute in shock and unbelief that his father who had been hunting him for 1000 years was finally out of his life.

“What did you say to me?” he demanded harshly as his light blue eyes narrowed into slits as he stared blankly into the empty forest in front of him.

“Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered.” The younger vampire clarified with a hint of humour leaking into his voice even though he was severely concerned that the hybrid wouldn’t believe him even though his compulsion would have revealed if he lied. “What do you want me to do with the body?”

“Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened.”

“Mikael tried to kidnap Elena as leverage against you but Damon and I vervained him. We found a dagger and white oak ash on him so we assumed he was planning on daggering Rebekah. Elena daggered him.” Stefan explained dishonestly as he looked down at Mikael’s desiccated body lying on the ground with a dagger in his heart.

“I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself.” Klaus ordered sternly as he listened to his ex-friend’s story and Stefan internally sighed in relief that he seemed to believe him.

“Well, he is here. Come by whenever.”

“If you are lying to me Stefan, your compulsion will expose you. So, answer with your life: Is what you are saying the truth?” Klaus asked in suspicion as Stefan remembered watching Elena drive the dagger into a willing Mikael’s chest apprehensively.

“It´s true. I saw it with my own eyes.” Stefan told him honestly as his green eyed gaze found Elena sitting on the couch across from him and she nodded her head slightly at him.

“I wanna talk to Rebekah.”

“That´s not a problem. She is right here.” Stefan replied as he looked over to where Rebekah and Rheanna were standing next to each other across the room and Rebekah looked at her sister unsurely before taking the phone that Stefan offered her.

Rhea took her twins hand in hers as Rebekah looked over at Elena who nodded before holding the phone to her ear with a slight sigh.

“Hello Nik.” Rebekah greeted her brother polite as she ignored the growing swell of guilt that was growing in her stomach and Rhea frowned slightly when Rebekah squeezed her hand.