Ordinary People

3rd Person POV:

900’s - Mystic Falls:

Rheanna Mikaelson leaned against the rock wall of the large cave that the Mikaelson family used to hide in during the nights of the full moon when the werewolves changed into beasts with her arms crossed over her chest as she watched her twin sister in amusement.

Niklaus watched warily as Rebekah stood near the wall with a knife in her hand as she carved her name neatly into the cave wall.

“Rebekah, let me have at it.” He said in a quiet order as he worried about what his father would say with he knew that a woman was wielding a blade.

“Quiet, Niklaus! I am to have more concentration if I am not to slice off a finger.” Rebekah told him sternly as she focused on the wall in front of her and Rheanna chuckled at her siblings bickering as she pushed herself off of the rocky wall.

“Father will not like either of you handling the blade.” Niklaus murmured softly more to himself then to his sisters but they both heard him and stopped what they were doing to give him withering looks that would have made most men fall to their knees to beg forgiveness.

“If we want to wield a blade, we shall wield a blade!” Rheanna snapped her him in indignation through narrowed oak coloured eyes as she accepted the knife that her sister offered her by the handle and Rebekah took an almost threatening stepped towards their brother.

“Father need not know.” She added in support of her twin sister as she also narrowed her cerulean blue eyes at Niklaus and put her hands on her hips.

“He will find out. He always does.” Niklaus responded softly as he looked to the side of the cave away from his younger sisters prying gazes and Rhea turned to attention to the dirt wall in front of her as she carefully carved her name into the wall underneath Rebekah’s.

“That is because you always tell him.” Rebekah reminded him pointedly as she tilted her head to the side knowingly and Rheanna stepped away from the wall with a proud smile as she admired her work.

“I cannot help it... he frightens me.” Niklaus admitted to them sheepishly as he looked down at the ground in shame and both girls shared a look as they immediately softened.

“He frightens us all. That is why we stick together as one.” Rheanna said to him with an understanding smile on her lips as Niklaus looked up from the ground to face his sisters.

“Always and forever. Right, traitor?” Rebekah told him as she matched her twin’s smile and Niklaus smiled softly at the girls in reply.

“Here. You finish it, we are to help mother with the meal.” Rhea informed her brother as she held out the knife for him to take from her and Rebekah nodded her head in agreement.

“Yes, go tend to dinner, and leave the blades to the men, little sisters.” Niklaus said with a smirk on his lips as he moved to stand in front of the dirt wall without taking the knife from his sister’s hand and failed to notice the glimmer in their eyes as they shared a dangerous glance.