Graduation

Rhea POV:

Bon Jovi played loudly over the speakers in the parlour of the Salvatore Boarding house as I danced happily alongside Lexi and Stefan relaxed on the couch as he drank bourbon straight from the bottle while watching us.

The three of us had spent the night catching up with each other and having fun before the veil to the Otherside went back up.

"Damon! Help me celebrate my 17th high school graduation." Stefan cheered happily as the elder Salvatore brother entered the room and walked over to the stereo to turn off the music as I pouted at him. "Hey, you remember my friend, Lexi, of course?"

"Lexi, back from the dead. Goody." Damon greeted her drily with a tight smile on his face as I skipped over to the couch and I sat down next to Stefan as Lexi used her vampire speed to pin Damon against the wall.

"What's up, buzzkill?" Lexi asked cheerfully with a grin as she cocked her head to the side and Damon looked over at the two of us on the couch as he grimaced.

"Stefan, you're just gonna sit there and let her enact her ghostly revenge?"

"You reap what you sow, buddy." Stefan responded casually with a shrug of his shoulders as I stole the bottle from his hand and he grinned at me as I took a gulp of the burning liquid.

"Let's be very clear: whatever time I have left here, I sure as hell don't plan on wasting on you. You got me?" Lexi asked pointedly as she tightened her hold on his throat and I smirked in pride as Damon struggled to breath under the pressure.

"Yeah. Got ya." Damon gasped out in a raspy voice as he tried to pry her hands off of him and she glanced back at me with a raised eyebrow before releasing his hold on him. He gasped slightly as he fell to the floor but quickly straightened himself out with an indignant expression and he cleared his throat as he shot Lexi an annoyed look before turning back to us. "So if you and Ric and little Gilbert are all flesh-like and real-seeming, that means something went horribly wrong when Bonnie tried to put that veil up. And here you three are, having dance party USA."

"You're right. How selfish of me to be indulging in these precious moments with my formerly dead best friend, and Rhea's daughter/sister/friend/protégé. I should be sacrificing my own happiness for the good of others, right? I should be upstairs grooming my hero-hair." Stefan sassed him calmly as he waved a hand dismissively with a purse of his lips and I giggled in amusement as I took another gulp of the bottle in my hand.

"Are you drunk?"

"I don't know, Mom, am I?"

"Are you really the best person to be lecturing us on copious alcohol consumption?" I asked him mockingly with a quirked eyebrow as I tilted my head to the side and Damon scowled at me as he roughly snatched the bottle from my hand. "Thus proving my point."

"Well, I guess that's one way to celebrate our supernatural apocalypse." Damon countered sarcastically as he took a swig from the bottle and I smiled back at him tightly as I leaned my head on Stefan's shoulder. "Now, care to hazard any guesses on what the hell went wrong?"

"If it will calm you down, you big baby, I'll call Bonnie and see if she knows what went wrong with the spell."

"Sorry if I'm marginally concerned about the catastrophic day of reckoning that seems to be upon us."

"You're such a drama queen." I muttered under my breath as I stood up from the couch and ignored his glare as I walked out of the room while reaching for my phone.

I dialled Bonnie's number as I let out a tired sigh and held the phone up to my ear as I walked into the parlour on the other side of the house.

"Hello?" Bonnie said through the phone line in a wary tone of voice and I sat down on one of the armchairs as I kicked my legs up on the coffee table.

Always Getting Over You | The Vampire Diaries On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara