Dangerous Liaisons

I blinked my eyes against the harsh rays of sunlight that was streaming in through the bedroom window before closing them again tightly and groaning tiredly as I rolled over so that my face wasn't in the direct sunlight.

I instantly collided with another hard body that made me open my oak brown eyes in surprise with a confused frown on my lips and then I leant up on my elbow to look at the flood of blonde hair on the pillow next to me.

I smiled sleepily as I vividly remembered the events of the night before and I snuggled deeper into the warm cocoon that Rebekah and I had created.

After we had all been united last night, my twin and I didn't want to be separated any more than we had been so we decided to have a sleepover in my bedroom.

"Rebekah..." I whispered softly as I leaned in closer to her ear and she made a groaning sound in the back of her throat as she buried her face in her pillow. I laughed silently at her as gently moved a stray piece of blonde hair out of her face and she murmured quietly in her sleep as she rolled over onto her back with her cerulean eyes still closed.

I gently nudged my twin sister in the side to try and get her to wake up but she just ignored me as she turned her head to the side to face away from me.

A firm knock sounded on the other side of my bedroom door making Rebekah jerk awake in surprise as I laughed at her and rolled on to my back while she looked around in confusion.

"Rhea, Rebekah?" Elijah called out from the other side of the door in concern because all he could hear was the sound of my laughter.

Rebekah glared over at me through narrowed cerulean blue eyes as I continued to giggle at her dishevelled appearance and Elijah hesitantly opened the door slowly to peek around the edge.

"Come in, 'Lijah!" I answered him through my stifled giggles as Rebekah tried to tame her wild blonde hair by running her hand through it and our brother stepped fully into my room in his usual suit.

A small smile played at the edge of his lips as his oak brown gaze swept over the scene in front of him and I grinned back happily as I sat up so that I was leaned against the headrest with my hands folded in my lap.

"What is it you want, Elijah?" Rebekah asked him irritably as she closed her eyes and laid her head back on the soft pillow underneath her head while I rolled my eyes at her.

"I just came to let you know that mother is having a ball this evening." Elijah informed us with a small smirk on his lips at her attitude and Rebekah instantly sat back up with her eyes wide in shock as she looked at him in horror.

"Tonight!? How am I supposed to find a dress by tonight?" she asked in a shriek as she started kicking the blankets off of her legs so that she could escape the warm bubble we had created and I scowled as I pulled the purple blanket tighter around me so it didn't slip.

"Calm down, Bekah!" I ordered sternly as I grabbed a handful of blanket while she turned her head around to glare at me for telling her what to do and I stuck my tongue out at her in retaliation.

"Don't tell me to calm down, Rhea!"

"Girls!" Elijah said in a slightly raised voice to get our attention before we could start bickering because once we got started we could go on for hours and we both turned away from each other to look at him near the door with his hands in his front pockets. "Rebekah, I'm sure you can find a suitable dress by tonight. Rheanna, don't tell Rebekah what to do. That's my job."

"Elijah!" Rebekah and I exclaimed loudly in unison in the same appalled tone as he smirked at the two of us before strolling out of the bedroom without a backwards glance and I grimaced at the thought of having to go shopping for a dress with Rebekah because I knew that she was going to be in a panic now that we had a time limit.