After School Special

Rhea POV:

Caroline, Stefan and I were strolling down the empty main hallway at the high school after the memorial for Carol Lockwood that was held in the gym.

After the hybrids rebellion was sabotaged by Hayley causing Nik and I to massacre the lot of them and I had left to save Stefan and Caroline who were being held captive, my brother had gone looking for Tyler Lockwood since he was the one who planned the hybrid uprising. When he couldn't find the younger hybrid, Nik had sent a message by killing the mayor, though we had no proof that he was the one to murder her.

"Elena keeps calling me. She's pissed that I'm still talking to you, Rhea, after you kicked her ass at Miss Mystic Falls." Caroline said with a pout of her lips as she looked down at the ringing cell phone in her hand and she sighed dramatically as she placed her phone back into her jacket pocket.

"She's your best friend, petite luciole. Maybe she just needs to talk to you about something else. She must be going through a lot at the moment. Jeremy is having trouble being in the same room as her, she just found out she's sired to Damon so she's confused about her feelings for him and Bonnie is spending all her time with that creepy professor guy. Elena needs someone that she can talk to." I pointed out to her with a small smile as I quirked an eyebrow at her and she pursed her lips together as she turned around to walk backwards facing Stefan and I.

"Tyler is already spiralling, and he gets top priority." She declared firmly as she nodded once in decision and Stefan entwined our fingers as I rolled my eyes at Caroline's obvious reluctance to spend time with her friend.

"His mother just died. What do you expect?" Stefan asked her with real curiosity in his smooth voice as he tilted his head to the side and I furrowed my eyebrows as I waited for Caroline's answer as well.

"I'm his girlfriend. I expect him to talk to me. Instead, he's all angry, and it doesn't help that everyone keeps referring to his mother's death as an accident, which is just a really polite way of saying she was drunk. I don't think she drowned in her martini glass."

"Nik is going to be looking for him, Care. What Tyler needs to do is get the hell out of town." I recommended seriously as we came to a stop next to my locker where I had stashed a few of my grimoires for us to go through to see if we could find anything on the Five that could help us. "I convinced Nik to go see what was going on up at the Gilbert lake house so he has a little time to get a head start."

"Every time I try and talk to him, he shuts me down." Caroline informed us with a concerned frown on her face as she leaned her back against the metal locker next to mine and I offered her a sympathetic smile as I opened my locker door.

"Men are stupid, sweetheart. Sometimes you just have to wait them out but eventually at some point they all break. Women are just stronger than men." I told her casually as I collected a few grimoires from my locker without looking at her and she laughed loudly next to me as I closed the door with a smirk.

I spun on my heel to look at my boyfriend who was leaning against the lockers on the opposite wall and he raised an eyebrow at me as I bit my lower lip to keep from laughing at his offended expression. "No offence, honey."

"Yeah, yeah." Stefan muttered sarcastically with a small smile at me as I handed him one of the grimoires and wrapped my arm around his waist familiarly as he pressed a chaste kiss to the top of my head.

"She's right, you know. Women are so much stronger than men." A familiar British accented voice stated in amusement behind us and I froze in my steps as my eyes went wide in shock.

I spun around on my heel as I dropped the grimoires on the ground at my feet and grinned from ear to ear when I saw the pretty face smirking back at me with blonde hair and cerulean blue eyes.