She's Come Undone

Rhea POV:

"I don't know why you won't let me help." I complained for the millionth time as I followed Stefan down to basement cellar at the Boarding House and he let out a disbelieving scoff as he looked over his shoulder at me with incredulous frown.

"Because your version of 'helping' isn't actually helping." Stefan stated knowingly with a small smirk as he raised an eyebrow at me and I rolled my eyes playfully with a smirk of my own as we came to the bottom of the stairs.

"I guess that depends on who you ask. I happen to think it would very helpful." I retorted instantly with an innocent shrug of my shoulder as we strolled over to door where Elena was being kept and he chuckled lowly as he stopped in the open doorway with his arms crossed over his chest.

I stepped up next to him as I looked into the cellar to see Damon crouched in front of a safe with a concentrating expression and I knew that he was getting inside Elena's head so that he could attempt to get her to feel something.

"You still have her locked in the safe? You've been in her head for an hour. What, still nothing?" Stefan asked him curiously as he tilted his head to the side and Damon ignored him as he stood up from his crouch with a frustrated sigh.

"I can turn that nothing into something." I stated in a singsong voice as I raised an eyebrow with a smirk on my lips but they both ignored me as Damon approached the safe. He unlocked the safe easily and opened the door to reveal a barely conscious Elena confined inside.

"Come on." The eldest Salvatore muttered to himself as he dragged the doppelgänger out of the safe and she collapsed to the ground as Damon crouched in front of her. "Is the old you ready to come out and play?"

"Go to hell." Elena spat weakly in a croaky voice as she narrowed her dark brown eyes at him and Damon smiled back at her tightly as he pulled her back into the safe before locking the door.

"When do I get to play?" I asked them eagerly with a hint of impatience in my voice as I placed my hands on my hips and Damon shot me an annoyed look as Stefan sighed in irritation.

"This isn't a game, Rheanna." My boyfriend reminded me slowly as though he was speaking to a child and I rolled my eyes at him with a small scoff.

"Not to you."

"Hear that, Elena. We can do this the nice way, or we can do it the other way... but either way, we're not stopping until you turn your humanity switch back on. So I'm gonna let you think about that, and I'm gonna come back for you in a couple hours, or a couple years... because all we have is time." Damon said in the direction of the safe as he patted the top of it twice with a sad look on his face and I felt some sympathy for him because I wouldn't want to torture Stefan like that, again.

Stefan placed a hand on the small of my back as he led me up to the stairs to the main level of the house and the front door came swinging open as Caroline stormed into the house looking like a girl on a mission.

"Where is she? I wanna see her." Caroline demanded in a hard voice as she stopped in front of us with her hands on her hips and I pursed my lips together to stop from laughing at her fierce expression.

I knew that she was speaking about Elena as Stefan let out a soft sigh and Caroline quirked an eyebrow at us both expectantly as she tapped her foot impatiently.

"We're not letting anyone see her, that's the whole point. Isolation leads to misery leads to emotion." Stefan informed her apologetically with a shrug of his shoulders as he crossed his arms over his chest and Caroline sighed in defeat as her shoulder slumped with surrender.

"She's been here for days. She hasn't improved at all?"

"Look, she doesn't want to, Caroline, not yet. She's devastated; she lost her brother, she-she attacked her friend, she killed an innocent woman."