Ghost World

Rhea POV:

I was standing in front of the full length mirror as I silently studied the short floral dress that Rebekah had picked out for me on her last major shopping trip and tilted my head to the side in consideration. I pursed my lips together as I nodded my head in approval and then spun on my heel to face my bedroom door before striding out in with my heels clicking on the floor as I walked.

Just a kiss on the lips in the moonlight…” I sang softly under my breath to one of the many songs that Bekah had shoved down my throat since we had been woken up after 90 years of missing out on popular culture such as music.

We had spent a lot of our free time reading and surfing the internet in order to become accustomed to the modern world.

I gracefully spun around on my tiptoes as I danced down the hallway to the staircase that lead to the downstairs parlour and then jumped down the steps two at a time in a childish manner.

“Rheanna….” I heard my name being whispered quietly from somewhere in the house so I froze where I was hallway down the stairs and turned my head slightly as I suspiciously narrowed my eyes. I slowly stepped down the next step as I listened closely to see if the voice would say anything else to give me any idea who it was trying to get my attention.

I paused at the bottom of the stairs as I looked around the large empty boarding house that the Salvatore’s were letting Rebekah and I stay for the time being and then I moved silently towards the living room.

“Oh my God!” I gasped in surprise when I saw the eldest Salvatore chained to a wooden chair in the middle of the room and I felt my eyes widened in shock before I used my Original vampire speed to run forward so that I was crouched next to the chair.

Damon’s head lolled to the side slightly with his eyes closed when I appeared next to him and he let out a whimper of pain as I grimaced in sympathy. “What the hell happened, Damon?”

“I don’t know…” he murmured quietly as he opened his electric blue eyes slightly to peer at me and I looked back at him with a sympathetic frown before I used my strength to undo the heavy, metal chains that were locking him to the chair.

Damon slumped in relief when the chains loosened from around him and he sighed heavily as I placed a gentle hand on his back. He wheezed out a weak cough as his sculpted face distorted into a grimace and I bit my lower lip in compassion.

“I’ll be right back.” I uttered to him softly as I stood up to my full height before running down to the basement where the Salvatore’s kept the blood bags that they had pilfered from the local hospital. I opened the lid to the large double wide fridge before grabbing the first bag that I laid my hand on and then running back up the stairs to Damon’s side. “Here you go.”

“Thanks.” He replied weakly as I handed him the blood bag and his bloodlust overtook his face before he slurped the scarlet red liquid out through the plastic straw attached to the bag. I hummed in acknowledgement as I rubbed soothing circles on his back with my hand as he drank greedily until all the blood was gone. He sighed in relief once again as he threw the now empty plastic blood bag across the room carelessly and I wrinkled my nose briefly at his lack of cleanliness. “Really? That’s what disturbs you?”