Our Town

Rhea POV:

Niklaus and I hadn’t said a word to each other as we made our way to the mansion that he was having renovated for our family to live in.

 We were now sitting together in silence on the comfortable lounge that was in the incomplete living room. I sipped the glass of scarlet liquid that Nik had given me from the kitchen and glanced around the large cavernous house.

“Nice house, Nik.” I complimented my brother as I looked back over at him and he smirked smugly as his baby blue eyes swept around the room.

“Thank you, baby sister.” He replied to me happily as he stood up from the couch and looked down at me from his superior height. “Your bedroom is up the stairs to the left.”

“Okay.” I said quietly as I stood up as well and stretched my arm over my head in an attempt to sooth my aching muscles.

 I closed my eyes with a slight sigh as I lowered my arms back down to my side before nodding at my brother once with a smile and then walking towards the elaborate staircase that lead upstairs to the second floor.

 I followed my older brother’s directions until I came to a large set of double doors on the left side of the hallway and then I carefully pushed open the doors.

I gasped out loud in surprise at the beautifully decorated room that I had just walked into and stepped slowly into the large bedroom as I looked around with wide eyes.

The walls were painted a pure white except for one which was covered in an intricately patterned wallpaper in a purple floral design that matched the purple bedspread that covered the king size bed. I closed my mouth abruptly with a snap as I looked around the room in awe before I walked further into the room and turned towards the large set of double doors on the right side of the room.

I carefully strolled towards the doors and turned the knob it open to reveal a massive walk-in closet decked out in the latest fashions all in my size.

My mouth fell open into the shape of a perfect ‘o’ as I looked around the closed with tears coming to my eyes at the thoughtfulness at my normally cold brother harboured.

I shook my head to clear away the thoughts as I grabbed the first pair of jeans that I saw and a button up deep red short that I threw on quickly before walking out of the room to thank my brother for my new bedroom.

I slowly walked down the stairs with a content smile and then strolled into the living room where I could hear Nik moving around just in time to see one of his hybrids leaving him alone with a casket.

“Sweet dreams, Rebekah.” I heard Nik say softly as he repositioned the dagger into my twin sister’s heart and my eyes widened in horror before I flew across the room to grab his arm to stop him.

“What are you doing?” I cried as he pushed my away from him easily with his hybrid strength and I automatically put my hands behind me to break my fall as I landed on the ground. Nik carefully shut Rebekah’s coffin with a soft click before turning around slightly to look at me with hard light blue eyes. “Mikael is dead! I thought that he was the reason you were keeping us locked in coffins!”