The New Deal

Rhea POV:

“Are you ready to leave yet?” a familiar voice cracked into my peaceful dreams so I tiredly blinked my eyes against the new bright light that was streaming into my makeshift prison.

My veins were scratching together thanks to the lack of blood in my system but I ignored the discomfort as I turned my head to the side to see Damon leaning in the open doorway with his arms crossed over his chest. I grimaced slightly at the arrogant smirk that was seemed to be permanently etched onto his face and turned my head away from him as I closed my eyes again.

“You should know that once I’m out of here, I’m going to track down my sister and undagger her.” I told him honestly as I leaned my head back against the concrete wall behind me where I sat on the hard ground.

“Yeah… I can’t let you do that. You see, Rebekah is probably going to want to kill Elena for daggering her and I’m not about to let that happen.” Damon explained nonchalantly as I opened my eyes again with effort to glare at him heatedly.

“Maybe that’s what she deserves.”

“I thought you were the compassionate one.” He said with a trace of amusement in his voice and I just rolled my eyes at him before closing my eyes again. “Alright then, if you’re going to be all overly dramatic….”

“I am.” I interrupted him without opening my eyes as I stretched my legs out in front of me and I knew that he was rolling his electric blue eyes at me.

“… then I’m going to let you stay in here and think about your actions, young lady.” He finished in a mock-stern teacher like voice and I ignored him as I listened intently to the sound of retreating footsteps.

  I let out an audible sigh as I tilted my head to the side and tried to get some more sleep since there was nothing else to do.

____________________

Elena POV:

I stood in the middle of the Grill watching Damon nervously as he played darts in his drunken state.

Ever since our epic failure the night before the eldest Salvatore had been drowning his sorrows in alcohol and it was starting to concern me.

“You okay?” I asked him warily as he threw the dart at the board across the room and he turned his head slightly to give me a half smirk.

“What makes you think I'm not okay?” he asked me as he looked away back to the dart board and lined up the next shot.

“Well, you're day-drunk. It's not exactly your most attractive look.” I said without thinking and immediately slammed my lips together when his head snapped around to face me.

“Hmm- what is my most attractive look?” he asked me teasingly with a flirty glimmer in his pretty blue eyes and my heart rate picked up slightly as he took a few steps closer to me.