We All Go A Little Mad Sometimes

3rd Person POV:

Jeremy Gilbert was lying dead on the living room couch as his sister Elena paced the length of the room in front of him and Damon stood silently watching her from the side of the room.

All morning Elena had been having weird hallucinations of the vampire hunter she had killed the day before and she had accidently stabbed her brother when she thought he was Connor.

"I can't believe this happened. What am I going to say to him?" Elena asked herself quietly as she grabbed her head in guilt and glanced at her younger brother's prone body as she strode pass him.

"Thanks for not ditching the family ring after it drove Ric crazy?" Damon suggested sarcastically as he shrugged his shoulders innocently and Elena immediately stopped in her tracks to glare heatedly at the raven haired vampire. "You should have called Stefan."

"I don't want to talk to him. He's been lying to me and hiding things from me. He compelled Jeremy to forget God knows what." Elena hissed venomously as she began pacing once again across the room and she tried to ignore the intense amount of emotions that she was experiencing.

She was feeling guilty for killing Jeremy and the hunter last night, she despised all the Originals and she was caught in the middle of loving and loathing the Salvatore brother's in equal measure.

"In all fairness, I mean, I think you killing him kinda trumps that. And you should have called Stefan." Damon repeated as he leaned against the wall behind him and crossed his arms over his muscular chest as he gave her a pointed look.

"I don't trust him right now, Damon. Ever since he started dating Rheanna, he's been different." The doppelgänger stated as she shook her head from side to side in frustration and then froze in her spot when she heard footsteps approaching the front door to her house.

Damon and Elena both turned around to face the entrance to the living room just as the younger Salvatore brother strolled into the room calmly.

"PS, I called Stefan." Damon commented lightly as he turned to face Elena with a smirk on his handsome face and Stefan quirked an eyebrow at the statement as the brunette glared at his brother.

"What happened? Why did you call me?" Stefan asked Elena in confusion as he came further into the room and Elena diverted her dark brown gaze as she began to walk out of the living room.

"I just - I need to go upstairs and shower. Clean all the blood off my hands." Elena stuttered softly as she looked down at her feet and left the two vampire brothers looking at her back bewilderment and Stefan frowned to himself as he turned back to face his older brother.

A giant gasp of air suddenly came from the couch in the centre of the room and both of the Salvatore's turned around quickly to see Jeremy breathing heavily as he tried to sit himself up.

"Welcome back. How are you feeling?" Stefan asked him in concern as he approached the young Gilbert and Jeremy turned his head in slight surprise to face the vampire as his wide dark brown eyes searched the room.

"What happened?" Jeremy asked the green eyed vampire in confusion as he sat up on the couch and swung his long legs over the edge as he rested his head in his hands.

"Long story, buy the e-book." Damon told him snarkily as he rolled his electric blue eyes at the human and turned on his heel before striding out of the room without a backwards glance.

Stefan narrowed his forest green eyes at his older brother's back before turning back Jeremy and smirked when he saw the dark haired human glaring after his brother as well.

_____________________________
Rhea POV:

The room was filled with the soft sound of music as I sat on the couch in the living room with a novel and got comfortable on the cushions as I opened the copy of The Great Gatsby to the page I was up to.