Disturbing Behaviour

Rhea POV:

I looked at my reflection on the full length mirror on the back of the dressing room wall and frowned at the short black dress that I was trying on. I tugged insecurely at the end of the fabric as I turned slightly to look at the back of the outfit.

There has to be more to this dress, I thought to myself quietly as I grimaced at the short dress that displayed my tanned legs.

"There has to be more to this dress!" Rebekah called out of the dressing room next to mine in an outrage and I smiled slightly as she spoke the same words as I had thought.  

"There's not." Nik told us at normal volume in a bored tone as I pulled back the red fabric that separated the dressing room from the main shopping boutique and stepped out in my dress to see him and Stefan lounging on one of the couches.

Stefan glanced up from looking at the floor as I came out of the dressing room and I smiled softly at him but quickly diverted my gaze from his light green one.

It was strange for me to be around him at the moment because in my mind it had only been yesterday that we were in love but for him it had been 90 odd years.

 Last night, Nik spent hours filling Rebekah and I in on recent events such as him breaking the hybrid curse placed on him by the Original Witch to suppress his werewolf side when we all transitioned into vampires and the fact that Stefan had in fact fallen in love with the latest doppelgänger but Nik had sacrificed her while breaking the curse.

 I bit my lower lip nervously as I looked at myself in the mirror just as Rebekah came strolling out of her dressing room wearing a similar black dress to the one I was wearing.

"So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then. You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers." She spat at the boys as she placed her hands on her hips and I just chuckled at her commented as I offered her a sympathetic smile.

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Nik counted to her as he poured himself another glass of champagne from the open bottle resting on the coffee table in front of them.

“We’d be better off wearing nothing.” I commented in support of my sister as I spun on my heel to look at my brother with a raised eyebrow and noticed him cringing at the mention of his little sisters in the nude.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." Rebekah complained as she glanced up at the ceiling where the fast paced music was playing from the speakers and I smiled slightly at her as I moved to stand next to a rack of shirts to the side of the room.

“It's dance music.” Stefan told her simply as I found a red shirt made of slinky material that I liked but when I heard his words I spun around the looked at him with wide eyes.

“People dance to this?” I asked him in horror as my hand clenched around the shirt in my hand and he chuckled at my dubious expression as he hummed in answer to my question.