Because The Night

3rd Person POV:

Caroline Forbes was not having a good day.

She currently found herself collecting trash from around the Salvatore boarding house after the impromptu party Elena had decided to throw the night before because the notorious doppelgänger had taken off to New York for the weekend with Damon.

Every surface including the floor was covered with red plastic cups and random pieces of junk so the blonde vampire was going around with a trash bag in hand, cleaning up as much as she could for the younger Salvatore because he already had enough to worry about.

Besides, it gave her something to do with her hands instead of hunting down Elena for the stunt she pulled the day before and it kept her mind occupied with a mundane task so that she didn't think about Tyler.

She picked up a red cup that was still half full of something that smelt strongly of vodka and swallowed it all in one gulp before throwing the empty cup into the bag.

"Desperate times, I take it?" she heard a heavily accented male voice ask her in amusement from the entryway to the parlour and she immediately stiffened at the intrusion but didn't turn around to acknowledge the Original Hybrid.

"What are you doing here?"

"Not judging you, for starters, although if you are determined to get drunk, then perhaps I might recommend something a little more sanitary?" he suggested jokingly as he leaned his shoulder against the wall with a smirk on his lips and his arms crossed over his chest.

Caroline huffed out a breath as she turned around to face him with a blank expression on her face and she slowly drained another half-full cup of burning vodka before tossing it defiantly into the trash bag. "Well, then. You showed me.

"Shouldn't you be out chasing Tyler to the ends of the earth? Or are there still some hopes and dreams you wanna crush around here?" she asked him bitterly as she went back to cleaning up around the room and Klaus pushed himself off of the wall as he sauntered further into the parlour.

"Depends. Do you happen to know where the young Brutus is?"

"I know where he's not- with me. And he gave Matt the deed to the house, so he's gone for good.

"Tyler made it his life's mission to kill me. You can't hate me for driving him away." He said to her gently as he slowly approached her with a genuinely open look on his face and she sighed heavily as she turned to face him with a blank expression on her pretty face.

"Oh, I can, and I do. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to get back to spiralling, so go away." Caroline spat at him harshly as she narrowed her bright blue eyes at him and he lifted one eyebrow at her as he stepped forward without saying a word.

"Actually, I asked him to be here. We need his help." They heard Stefan announced from behind them as he walked into the parlour and they both turned around to see the youngest Salvatore entering the room with Rheanna draped over his back in a piggyback.

"Good morning! We think Silas is in Mystic Falls." Rhea declared easily in her slight British accent as she rested on chin on her boyfriend's shoulder and Klaus crossed his arms over his chest as he turned to look at his little sister with a quirked eyebrow.

"We discovered that someone has been taking entire blood bank stocks of blood from several hospitals. We think that its Silas trying to sate his hunger. I mean, he has been desiccated and deprived of blood for 2,000 years." Stefan explained to them as he wondered into the living room with them trailing behind and Rhea gracefully climbed off his back as she sat down cross-legged on one of the couches.