Flashback #4

Mystic Falls, 10th Century:

"Stop it, Henrik, I'm trying to concentrate!" Rheanna snapped in annoyance as she batted her little brother's hand away from the cauldron she was using to mix the sleeping elixir her mother had assigned to her for practice.

"But it's fun." Henrik said gleefully with a laugh as he once again tried to disrupt the process by wriggling his fingers in front of his older sister face and she sighed heavily as she turned her head to glare at him through narrowed eyes.

"You have been taking lesson from Kol on how to be irritating! Go find someone else to bother, flea." She mocked him with a smirk on her lips as she quirked an eyebrow and he immediately blushed bright red in embarrassment over the nickname as he shoved her shoulder roughly.

"Don't call me that!"

"Don't act like that!"

"Don't look like that!"

"Don't..."

"...finish that sentence?" a familiar female voice interrupted Rheanna's retort in amusement and the arguing siblings turned around to see their sister Rebekah standing there with a look of amusement on her pretty face. "Must you two always antagonise each other?"

"I did nothing to acquire his attention, but still I've fallen victim to his mischievous ways." Rhea complained with a pout on her lips as she threw an annoyed look at her younger brother and stood up from where she was kneeling on the ground as she dusty off the skirt of her dress.

"You were just sitting there! It was basically an invitation to distract you from your boredom." Henrik defended himself with an innocent shrug of his shoulders as he jumped up from the ground and he grinned at Rebekah as her twin sister glared at him.

"I was practicing my magic! Mother and Ayana assigned me work to do and I cannot concentrate with you waving your sticky little fingers in my face."

"Rheanna, Henrick, why must I always be the mature one?" Rebekah asked in exasperation as she placed her hands on her hips with a sigh and she rolled her cerulean blue eyes with an amused smirk on her lips.

"Because you have a superiority complex and must always be the one to scold us?" her sister suggested innocently with a smirk of her own on her lips and Henrik laughed out loud at the comment as Rebekah narrowed her eyes.

"There is no need to be rude."

"Oh come on, Bekah, you know I love you."

"I love you too, but that doesn't mean you get to be mean to me."

"Kol says that's what brothers and sisters are for." Henrik interjected in a slightly baffled tone of voice as though he confused by the conflicting information and both of the girls rolled their eyes at their other brother's teachings. "If we can't be mean to each other, who can we be mean to?"

"Tatia." Rheanna and Rebekah both answered simultaneously as their voices dripped with venom at the thought of the pretty brunette that was playing with Elijah and Niklaus' affections.

Henrik rolled his eyes at the mention of the girl because he had heard been victim of hearing about her from all angles.

Elijah and Niklaus sung her praises until they were forced to stop while Rebekah, Rheanna and Kol complained or offered veiled threats and graphic descriptions of how to carry out those threats.

"Come on Henrik, Rhea, our brothers are fighting again!" Rebekah exclaimed happily as she gazed over her sister's shoulder with a large grin on her lips and they all quickly ran over to join the growing crowd of villagers surrounding Elijah and Niklaus fighting with swords.