30

Jax's POV

The rest of the night went on normal enough. Kyle and Kellan weren't at dinner so we mostly just sat in silence the whole time while Boyd tried to start up random conversations with Callum, which would normally fall flat.

After that we all went back to our cabins for the night. Callum put in a movie and crawled on Ryder's bed. Liam picked up a book and for whatever reason decided he was going to share my bed again.

He sat like he did the one time before this; huddled up on one side of the bed in the corner closest to Ryder and Callum. Every now and then he would peak up fro his book to watch some of the movie but it was never for too long.

Closer to the end of the night he went back to his bed to sleep. The second he left things felt off. When he left he took his heat with him, which left me feeling cold and while I missed him being there it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I could breathe normally again.

I woke up on my own the next morning. I could tell it was pretty early because the sun hadn't risen yet and at first I thought I was the only one awake until I stood up and started heading for the shower.

Ryder sat on his bed in a daze, sweat made his hair stick to his forehead, and his skin was a lot more pale that normal.

For a second I didn't do anything but stare at him to see if he would come out of this by himself but after a few minutes I decided he was pretty deep into it. Knowing that I was in no way qualified to help him out of this I decided to wake up Callum and Liam since they probably have a lot more experience with this.

"Liam," I grumbled out as I got closer to his bed, but he didn't answer.

He lay on his side, a deep pout on his face and red impression lines all over what I could see of his face; the blanket covered everything below his nose. "Liam get up," I say louder.

"It's Sunday though," he whined as he rolled over to his stomach and pushed his blanket towards the end of the bed. "I'm not hungry so leave me alone until it's time for my session."

"Ryder is acting weird and you need to fix it."

"What do you mean by 'acting weird'," he asked while he rolled over to his back this time yet he still wasn't fully awake. His eyes were still closed and he looked seconds away from being asleep again. "He's a pretty weird guy, it might be normal to him."

"He's sitting on his bed with sweat dripping down his face and he looks like he's about to pass out."

With that one sentence every bit of sleep in his eyes suddenly disappeared. He sat straight up in the bed and immediately snapped his head over to Ryder's bed while the word 'shit' fell out of his mouth repeatedly.

"Did you touch him?" He asked as he cautiously made his way to Ryder.

"No, I didn't think I was supposed to."

"Sadly someone has to or he will just stay like this," he said while he looked over to Callum's bed. The next thing I know Callum's head fell to the mattress and the pillow was in Liam's hand and is being slammed down on Callum's face.

"What in the actual hell was that?" Callum asked as he bolted up out of the bed.

"A pillow," I state before heading to my dresser to get some clothes so I could have a shower.

"Ryder is having issues," Liam said as he dropped the pillow on the floor. "Get up and come help please."

Just as I was about to walk into the bathroom Callum's voice stopped me.