101

Jax's POV

I had truly forgot how boring math class could be until Tuesday rolled around again. They had given us Monday off for some holiday I don't remember.
I sat there staring at the bored as the teacher explained whatever theorem we were going over this week but I wasn't actually listening to any of it.

I don't suppose you want to come sit through this class for me?

I asked Carter. He was being weird ever since Saturday. I hadn't heard him at all and it was honestly starting to worry me a bit but I knew he must have been fine considering I could feel him watching my every move.

I can't help but give out a sigh when Carter doesn't answer had been trying to get him to say anything for the past three days but nothing was working. I tried asking nicely, I've tried annoying him, and I've even tried bribing him with desert one night.

This is pretty much how the rest of the day goes, me just going through the motions in my classes while trying to get Carter to do literally anything.

When our session with Andrew starts I'm the first one to say anything.

"Carter won't talk to me," I say before I even sit down. Andrew's first frown of the session comes as soon as my last word leaved my mouth.

"When was the last time you heard him?"

"Right after our last session. We were listening to Liam read and we fell asleep and when I woke up Callum said that Carter almost hit him before he pushed me up front and I haven't heard of him since."

"Did Callum say why he almost hit him?"

"All he said was they were trying to wake him up, they touched him, and then his fist was inches away from Callum."

"Hey Carter," Andrew said after thinking for a few minutes. "Do you mind fronting for a bit? I just want to check up on you."

All that I got from him was an image of a middle finger.

"He says go fuck yourself," I say blandly making Andrew look like he wants to frown and laugh at the same time.

"Well alright then," Andrew said as he opened my folder. "Where do you want to start today?"

"I want to start with why he won't talk to me," I say with a glare. "Why would you just brush this off like it's nothing?"

"I asked for him to talk and he won't. I can't listen if he doesn't tell me what happened. And I can't force him to tell me." I scowl as I lean back in the seat. Seems like I would be doing this by myself.

I think back to a few weeks ago when everyone was trying to make me front again. Carter had told them to do things I had liked to get me to front. I could try that I guess.

That was the exact second I realized I knew nothing about Carter other than the fact that he was 17 and his name was Carter.

That's when the idea formed.

After my session, I would just find the closest person and pick a fight with them and purposefully loose until Carter as forced to help me.

Don't do that dumbass.

Well it got you talk didn't it. What happened? Did I do something?

You better be careful, it almost sounds like you missed me.

Well maybe it feels a bit lonely. It's not like you haven't been annoying me for he past several weeks. I've gotten used to it. Why were you ignoring me?

I'm not ignoring you.

I can't help but roll my eyes at that.

Okay well if you aren't ignoring me then who are you ignoring?