16

Liam's POV

I watched Jax closely as he left the bathroom. He was acting weirder than normal.

His normal badass attitude disappeared. His eyes trained themselves to the floorboards rather than looking around to scope out everything. His shoulders hunched over, which took nearly a whole foot away from his height.

Without a word to any, he walked over to his bed and sat down. He stares at the few bags of chips and drinks that Callum got for him but didn't really seemed focused on them.

"I didn't know what all you liked so I got you a few different things," Callum explains as he sits doe in his own bed, watching our cabin-mate almost as close as I was.

"That's fine. I'm not that hungry anyway," he says as he throws a bag to Ryder, who is sitting on his own bed. Ryder, not being the most athletic person in the world, fumbles the bag before letting it fall to the ground with a small pout.

Jax gives nothing but a small smile that seems rather genuine as Ryder leans down to pick up the bag.

"This is supposed to be for you," he points out but opens the bag anyway.

"And now I'm saying it's yours. I don't like that kind anyway." I can tell he's lying about not liking them but I don't point it out since Ryder picked around his food this evening and it wouldn't hurt him to eat a bit more.

"How do you feel?" I ask from my place in the middle of the room. I stood there, my face hopefully unreadable as I crossed my arms and stare at Jax.

"Fine," he says as he opens a bag and stuffs a chip into his mouth. It doesn't take a genius to know that was a lie. A frown makes it's way onto my face.

"I don't appreciate being lied to," I state. Callum shoots me a look but I pay no mind to it as I continue to stare at the ex street fighter.

"Then stop asking questions," Jax says in a voice that's very similar to mine mixed with a bit of malice.

I frown but drop it for now as I walk back to my bed and pick up a book.

Callum feels the need to announce that he's going to take a shower but everyone is too focused in other things to say anything to him.

Ryder munches aimlessly away at chips in his hands as he watches a new movie he popped in.

Jax on the other hand has discarded his bag all together and instead turns to look at me. His eyes are almost emotionless but a glint of sadness slips it's way in.

"Give me my paper back," he demands. I frown as I stare back at him.

"What paper?"

"The one you took from me durning class."

I want to roll my eyes at the reminder that he didn't take his school seriously but bite it back knowing it will only start a fight.

I lean over the side of the bed and open the front pocket of my backpack and pull out the slightly crumbled paper.

I look over it for a second before it's rudely ripped out of my hand but it's too late, I've already seen it.

"Rude," I'm mumbled under my breath but my mind was already miles away.

"Well now you know how it feels," he points out with a glare.

I think back to a few hours ago when we were getting along. I wish we could go back there right about now.

"Fair enough." He looks as if he didn't expect me to say this but doesn't pay any attention to it as he walks back over to his bed.

With the room mostly silent i think back to Jax's drawing.

It had to be the most realistic drawing I had ever seen. The second I saw it I knew it was Ryder, Callum, and I. We sat together on a bench.

Ryder in the middle, a small space in between him and I while he sat close to Callum. The space between us was almost the perfect size for someone else to squeeze into.

Callum's arm was wrapped around Ryder's shoulders. One of Ryder's hands played with my hair while the other held Callum's other hand. A bright smile was displayed on all of faces.

The beauty of the drawing wasn't what my mind was stuck on though.

Was that space for Jax? Possible.

Was it there just because he felt like putting it there? More likely.

I sneak a glance at the artist. He was already looking at me.

I give him a small smirk causing him to frown and look away. A bit of red climbs up his neck but stops before it could reach his cheeks.

I bit my lip to keep myself from chuckling.

It wasn't a secret anymore. He knew I saw it so why not stroke his ego a bit?

"For what it's worth," I say, causing him to snap his attention back to me. "I think it looks really good."

This time the blush doesn't stop at his neck. He quickly looks over to Ryder, making sure no one else saw him blush but Ryder was already fast asleep, an empty chip bag resting on his chest.

"Thanks." He says quickly as he looks away again.

"If you ever feel like showing anyone more of your things I would love to see them." I say honestly as I lean down in my bed.

"Even if I drew them in class?" He asks in a teasing voice. I want to tell him he needs to take class more seriously and that I wouldn't look at any of those but I stop myself.

"Yes. Even those." My eyes close with a smile playing at my lips before I drift off into sleep.