26

Jax's POV

Sweat poured down my face when the game finally ended. I was out of breath and felt like I was a few seconds away from passing out but for whatever reason I was happy about it.

We ended up winning by 5 points when the other time got tired of loosing and decided to forfeit.

"You did great man, you gotta play with us more often," Matthew said as he walked over to a bench while I followed him as I pulled my shirt back over my head.

"I'll think about. It's going to get old winning against the same people over and over."

"I get what you mean but since we aren't allowed to have a sports league it's the best we can do."

Callum walked over a few seconds later; his face was nearly as red as mine even though it wasn't really that hot out.

"I have to head to my session," Matthew said as he shot me a small smile. "But I have a feeling I'll be seeing you around." With that he shot me a wink before walking off.

Callum glared at the space where Matthew once stood before turning to me with a smile.

"Feel better now?" He asked, a small smirk becoming evident on his face.

"A bit I guess. Can we go back to the cabin now? It's getting hot out here." Callum only nodded and began leading the way to the cabin.

"So what's with you and Matthew?" He asked out of nowhere after a few seconds of silence.

"What do you mean?" He seemed to be walking on eggshells and didn't seem to be sure that he wanted to have this conversation.

"I mean do you like him?"

"He's cool I guess."

"So you don't like him like I like Ryder?" He asked quietly but I could still hear him. His question makes me stop dead in my tracks, forcing Callum to stop as well.

"I'm not gay," I all but spit out. My glare shoots into his eyes but he doesn't seem that bothered by it. He also looked rather unconvinced at my statement. "I'm not gay." I say again as I begin walking back to out cabin, leaving Callum trailing behind me.

"You know it's fine if you are. It's not a bad thing," Callum mumbles from behind me but I don't care enough to answer him back.

The playful energy that was in the air before was now dead and was left with nothing a tense feeling that buzzed in the air like electricity.

Before he even walked into the cabin he announced he had to head to his session so he didn't even bother walking in while I barged in and laid down on bed like I was before Callum decided I needed some sun.

"Why are you all sweaty?" Ryder asked from his bed while he put down his book.

"Basketball."

"Callum showed you the court?" Liam asked, his interest peaking at this point.

"Yep."

"Did he play with you guys? He sucks at basketball," Ryder asked with a small smile.

"No he didn't and so I've been told."

"Who all did you play with?" Liam asked like it was no big deal but I could hear there was something else in his voice.

"When did this turn into an investigation?" I asked maybe a bit too rudely. "I don't know anyone here other than you three. You really think I would know their names?"

Ryder mumbled a sorry and went back to reading his book.

We sat in silence again before Ryder sighed loudly.

"I'm not sitting in this cabin all weekend like last time," he announced as he stood up and walked to his dresser and pulled out some swim trunks. "I'm going to the lake. If you feel like it you can join."

"I might join you later," Liam says as he stretches out on the bed in a way that says he wasn't leaving this room for a while.

Ryder gave him a look that said 'we both know you aren't going anyway' to which Liam only smile shyly at him.

A few minutes later Ryder walks out of the cabin wearing his trunks and a shirt.

I've actually noticed he wears a shirt everywhere. I mean the other two didn't just parade around here shirtless all the time but there were a lot of times where they would change shirts in front of everyone or would go to bed shirtless sometimes when they were running low on clothes but Ryder never did.

"You sure are thinking hard," Liam spoke up after a few minutes.

"That's rich coming from you." I say with a small smirk.

"Wanna tell me what you were thinking about?"

"Depends, wanna tell me what you normally think about?" Liam shrugs at my question before answering.

"Anything really. School, Callum, people's body language." I nod to his answer but hope I can get off the hook without answering his. Sadly he didn't let me. "Your turn." I was quiet for a second, trying to figure out the best way to word it.

"Just thinking that Ryder always wears a shirt."

"Are you saying you want to see my boyfriend without a shirt on?" He asked with a small smirk but something flashed across his eyes for a second. Something that said it was a very serious thing but he couldn't let me know about it.

"No, not particularity," I say like it was no big deal.

In reality I wouldn't mind seeing him without a shirt on. Not because I want to see him, but because I want to see what he's hiding.

"Good, because I might have gotten jealous if you did."

"Well if you ask me jealousy isn't a good look on you so I'll try my best to reframe myself," I say with heavy sarcasm.

Liam seemed decently pleased with my answer and went back to his original spot with his back against the headboard with his eyes closed.

Even though Liam seemed to be over the topic my mind wouldn't stop thinking about it and I didn't know why.

It's not like it mattered to me at all. He could just be self conscious or just doesn't like people he's not involved with looking at him but to me it seemed like something more than that.

"Does he have scars or something?" I asked out of nowhere, catching Liam's attention but he seemed a bit confused. "Ryder, does he have scar or anything like that?"

He stiffened for a second before relaxing again and shooting me a look I didn't understand.

"It's not my place to say. He would never trust me again if I told you anything." I couldn't help but frown at his answer but didn't say anything else about it.

We were quiet again for a while before Liam spoke up again.

"Do you want to go do something?"

Just a reminder I stream my writing session on twitch if anyone is interested in that. I use the same display name here as I do there. The link is in my bio!