48

Jax's POV

I had lost count at this point.

Time seemed to stand still and I couldn't tell the difference between three seconds and half an hour.

Memories flashed around in my head, never sticking around for more than a few seconds but it was long enough for me to feel the pain of what had happened.

I wish I could stop it at this point but it feels like I'm not actually here. I wasn't entirely sure I even existed.

A knock comes from the door but I don't answer. I simply continue to stand under the freezing water.

"Hey Jax?" A voice calls out but I don't know who it is. "You've been in there for a while, are you doing okay?"

I still don't answer but my hand moves on it's own accord and switches off the water. My had shakes but weather its from the cold or because of how scared I was I'm not sure.

The memories continue to flash as I wrap a towel around my waist.

I open the door to see three boys staring at me; concern was written on their faces. The smallest one looked at me with fear in his eyes, which made me sad for some reason but I don't know why.

The other one was about my height, he seemed more familiar but I still didn't know why.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked while he looked me up and down.

I still say nothing as my feet move on their own accord and make their way to a random bed.

My hands move quickly to get me dressed underneath the towel before pulling a shirt over my head.

I can feel someone behind me, which puts me on edge. Panic wells up in my chest as the memories flash faster than before. I turn to face the person behind me in hopes he would leave me alone if I glared at him long enough.

The short one is staring at me only a few inches away from my chest. I continue to glare at him but it doesn't look like it's working very well.

"Jax?" He said as he inches closer. "Do we need to go get the doctor? You look like you have a fever."

It all happened so fast.

Fighting flash back race through my mind, his hand raises slowly, but mine raises much faster.

A tingling feeling starts in the back of my head and works it's way down my chest, pushing me farther into my own head.

My hand curls into a fist and is aimed for the short boy's face. The boy braces for the hit when someone pulls him to the side just as someone else grabs my arm and pulls me closer to him.

The second the person grabbed me I was back.

I gasp for a breath of air as I push myself away from Callum and focus on Ryder and Liam.

Ryder looks terrified as he hid behind Liam who only wore his emotionless expression.

Without thinking I ran for the door.

Callum called after me but the door was already slammed shut before he could follow me.

My mind raced, trying to piece together everything that happened in the past few minutes.

As my mind raced so did my legs. They pumped as fast as they could, just hoping that by some miracle he would still be here this late.

My feet didn't slow until I reached the building I had come to hate. For a split second I think about turning around and just leaving but Ryder's terrified expression is enough to make me march into the building.

I stare down at the ground, counting my steps just to keep my mind focused so I don't slip again, until I come to a stop.

Without looking up I raise my fist and start pounding on the door as fast and as hard as I could.

I could hear someone moving on the other side of the door but I don't stop until the door is pulled open and Andrew's face is all I can see.

"Jax?" He asks as he takes a once over of my body, clearly being able to see that something isn't right. "What's wrong?" He asks again as he pulled the door open even more and ushers me inside.

The second the door closed behind us a single tear rolled down my face.

I know this is a bit short the next chapter will be quite a bit longer to make up for it though I'm not sure when it will be out next.

Last updated March 8th