130

Liam's POV

Two weeks.

It's been two weeks since our fight with Carter and so far we haven't heard a word from him.

He apparently keeps fronting at meals for Jax but it's almost impossible to tell that it's him. He fronts at different times every day and masks as Jax every time. Any time we ask if it's Jax or Carter they give the see answer, it's impossible to tell the difference.  And when we finally catch on that its him, he just shoves Jax back in front as if he were never there.

Two weeks and I still didn't have a plan. How was I supposed to make a plan if I can't even talk to him?

"I'm assuming you want to talk about Carter too," Andrew asked as he pushed my folder away.

"It's starting to piss me off," I admit. "Everyone is getting worse at this point. Ryder is a mess, Jax is getting frustrated, Callum is trying to keep it together for our sake, and Carter is punishing himself because of us. He doesn't even have to talk to us, I just want him to front for more than a few seconds just to enjoy something."

"Have you tried triggering him out?"

"We don't want to, it would feel like cheating. It wouldn't be fair for us to trap him like that." At least that's what we had said when this first happened, now I'm ready to do just about anything.

Andrew frowned as he rubbed his bottom lip.

"I'll see if I can coax him out tomorrow. It's only been two weeks, this stuff takes time."

"It wouldn't take time if he would stop being so stubborn and just let us explain better."

"How do you even know he wants you back," Andrew asked softly but that did little to take the sting out of his words. "He may be 17 but you three were his first relationship of any kind. He never had friends before, let alone boyfriends. He may have just accepted because he felt like he had to."

I'll be honest, that thought had crossed my mind more times these past few weeks than I would like to admit but that didn't mean I was willing to accept it. I doubt he would ever admit it but I saw the way Carter looked at all of us even before we started dating.

He looked at Callum like he a Greek god and at Ryder as if he were puppy he found on the side of the road. He wouldn't admit it, but I could tell he liked us as much as we liked him.

"No, Carter liked us," I say after a few more minutes. "We just have to figure out how to make him like us again."

Ryder's POV

This whole thing was starting to kill Jax, which was only making me feel a thousand times worse. If I had just shut up, Carter would still be talking to everyone and we would still be dating him, but oh now. I just had to admit that he scared me some times. I swear if we can ever get passed this, next time I'll just keep it to myself.

Jax was now off taking a walk to calm himself down while Liam was at his session, leaving Callum and me in the cabin to plot.

"I don't suppose you've come up with anything," I ask a few minutes into our brain storming session.

I was currently laying on his stomach as we thought about ways to court Carter back to us.

"I've got plenty," Callum says confidently, making my heart soar for a split second, "but all of them happen after he's up front for more than three seconds." That's all I needed to be disappointed again.

"I miss him."

"I do too, but he's just doing what he thinks is right. He doesn't want to scare anyone else."

"I wish I wouldn't have said anything. Then we could have just played it all off." Callum tenses beside me before his hand grabs my hair and yanks it up to make me stare at him in the eyes. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have to hold back a moan.

God why did I have to have a hair pulling kink?

"If you ever say that again," Callum seethes, that dominate look seeping into his eyes. "I will bend you over my knee and I will spank your ass until you can't sit on it for a month. Do you understand me?"

"Yes Daddy," I whispered out, hoping he didn't feel my dick poking into his hip. Even if he did, it was his fault for making me say it. Right now he's just threating to spank me, if I hadn't called him Daddy he would have actually done it.

"You don't get to brush off things that bother you. No matter how big or small you think they are. If something is bothering you, you tell someone. Do you understand that?" His hand yanks again, this time I don't bother holding the moan back.

"Yes Daddy," I repeat. "I understand." A smirk flashes across his face as he lets my hair go. I hated how he wasn't even the least bit bothered by this.

My head goes back to his chest as I willed my semi hard to go away.

"Do you think Jax is having more luck then we are?"

"I sure as hell hope so," Callum admits.

Jax's POV

I was getting tired of this shit.

I didn't even do anything and I was getting punished and it isn't fair and I'm pissed about it.

The first few days were understandable. He needed time and I was willing to give him that. After the first week I was starting to go crazy but I still tried to contain myself.

Now two weeks later, I'm about to loose my mind.

It's hard to think that when I first met Carter I just wanted him to leave but now that he is finally gone, all I want is to have him back.

I don't know how many more math classes I can handle without him there to insult the stupid subject.

'Level with me here dude,' I say even though I know he's probably not listening. 'I don't care about them. I won't tell them you are talking to me. I won't even try to convince you to talk to them, but for the love of god, say something before I go insane.'

I wait for what feels like hours. For a while I thought he was ignoring me still but my heart soared when his previously annoying voice echoed in my mind.

I thought you were mad?

'The constant pleads for you to say anything made you think I was mad?' He only shrugs as he moves to sit back on the couch.

I haven't been watching or listening, he admits. Are Liam and Ryder still mad?

'That's a tricky question,' I say honestly with a sigh. 'They were never mad at you but they are still mad at themselves.'

And Callum?

'As confident as ever,' at least that part was still true. Callum was still pretty sure he could win Carter back if he could ever talk to him again. 'He's probably thought of at least 30 ways to court you again.' I don't miss the way his spirits brighten.

And math has really been that bad? I force out a groan but my small smile gives away the fact that I'm pretty pleased right now.

'He's got us doing some kind of trigonometry and I have never understood anything less than right now.' Carter gives out a small laugh before going quiet again.

'I missed you, you asshole.' I say after a while, beginning to think he was about to go away for another 2 weeks. 

Be careful, you almost sound like a human being there for a second. But I missed you too.

'If you ever do ignore me like this again, I will find a way to drown you.'

Another empty threat, I see. I only roll my eyes. And to think I actually missed this asshole.

At least he was talking to me again. Now all I needed to do was figure out how I was going to get him to talk to the others without him hating me and without bringing it up.

This should be easy.

Last updated June 10, 2021