43

This chapter is dedicated to ashakay202 who checked up on me and reminded me that the new readers no nothing about me or my mental state so it's not fair to keep them waiting.

Jax's POV

Things between Ryder and I have become slightly better these past few days but it still wasn't great. It's not like we were exactly best friends before this whole thing anyway but every now and then when we were left alone for more than a few hours a bit of awkwardness surrounds the two of us until someone breaks the silence.

Liam seemed to notice the energy shift between Ryder and I but never said anything about it. Callum was oblivious like normal but I'm not exactly complaining about it.

Since Liam noticed the shift he for some reason mentioned the fact that Ryder and I haven't gone running in a while, which earned him a glare from both Ryder and me. He was right like he always was though and after a bit of convincing Liam ended up getting both of us back on the track.

It had been better than the last time but not by much.

At least he finished the whole mile this time but his run time wasn't going to break world records any time soon.

We eventually called it a day when the sun started to set and Ryder reminded me that supper would start soon. I couldn't help but internally gag at the thought of supper but nonetheless I followed Ryder.

"How did it go?" Callum asked the second we sat down at your usual table.

"I finished the mile!" Ryder said as he plopped down in between Callum and Liam while I simply sit next to Liam, making sure to leave a chair between us.

"What was your time though?" Liam asked with a slight smirk as if he already knew it wasn't anywhere near fast enough.

Ryder's smile immediately fell into a scowl as he gave a playful glare to his boyfriend.

"You know what Liam, I'm getting tired of this little attitude you've been giving me." His sentence was serious but a smirk replaced the scowl, which made me realize he was joking.

"And what are you going to do about it?" For a second Ryder said nothing, almost as if he was thinking over the punishment.

"Hmmmm, you're no longer my favorite boyfriend." He said before turning to Callum before sitting in his lap. "How does it feel to be promoted Callum?" Ryder asked as he looked up at his boyfriend with an expecting look.

"You mean I wasn't always your favorite?"

Ryder ends up coming up with some long extravagant story about how he was just kidding but I don't really listen to him anymore.

My eyes wonder the cafeteria, trying to keep my eyes off of my plate and Liam.

I eventually lock eyes with Kyle and end up in a glaring contest with him.

We hadn't so much as glanced at each other since our fight and everyone took sides. 

Kellan obviously took the side of his boyfriend but didn't seem to have any problem with me. Liam was the only one in our cabin who knew about the fight and took my side primarily because he hated Kyle.

Boyd is the one who worried me though.

I hadn't seen him since the whole fight and I have no idea how his roommates are treating him an at this point it was starting to worry me.

"You know, he's not going to apologize unless you make the first move," Liam said. I can tell he's also glaring at Kyle by the way Kyle stiffened.

"Maybe I don't want him to." I say with all honesty but Liam didn't seem to believe me.

"I can't say I'll be sad to see him go but don't do something rash because you were mad at him. He's still one of your only friends after all."

I only hum in response as I finally look away and turn my attention to my plate.

"How much?" I whispered. Ryder and Callum were still in their own little world but I still didn't like having this conversation. I don't bother to elaborate, knowing Liam was about to say something about the food on my trey anyway.

"Which of the sides look best to you?"

"None of them," I said, causing Liam to sigh.

"One of those days huh?" I say nothing, which makes Liam look over the trey in deep thought. "Do half of the mac and cheese and you can be done but you have to have a snack before we all go to bed."

Just the thought of eating made me want to throw up. It all just felt wrong. If my father were here he would slap the fork out of my hand and send me up to my room.

Nevertheless, to avoid a needless fight, I force the bile that climbed up my throat down and told myself over and over that this was for the best.

Sorry for the long wait and short chapter but I'm depressed and anxiety ridden. I'm also low key writing another story at the moment that will hopefully help me be more motivated.

Last updated: January 18, 2021