Twenty-Three: Jackson, Baths and Pregnancies

Picture of Jackson

"I'm not so sure about this anymore." Jake said as we descended down the spiral staircase to the prison rooms.

"Suck it up Jake. I'm doing this whether you like it or not. Remember no kisses for two weeks if you don't let me do this."

"I know I know." He grumbled.

I smirked knowing that I always get my way with him. Blackmail is a beautiful thing.

We reached the bottom of the staircase and Jake grabbed my hand, lacing our fingers together and pulled me over to Jackson's cell.

I saw him sitting on the floor with silver chains on his wrists and him staring at the floor.

"Jackson?"

His head snapped up at the sound of my voice and a look of relief flashed over his face.

"Emilie, thank god." He breathed out.

"Jackson, why are you here?"

"I came here to warn you."

"About what?" Jake spat.

I hit him in his chest and told him to play nice.

"Sirus found out you left and that you're with him now." Jackson explained. "And he's not to happy about it. He is plans on getting you back and killing your mate."

"Who Sirus?" Jake growled.

"He was one of my closest guy friends in New York." I explained to Jake. "Wait why is he coming here to get revenge in Jake? And how does he even know about him?" I looked over at Jackson for answers.

"Apparently he's been in love with you every since the day you arrived and he claims that he's your true mate not Jake."

Jake let out a low growl and pulled me closer to him.

"Calm down Jake." I squeezed his hand and he relaxed a little.

"Is there anything else we need to know?" I asked Jackson.

"Yes. We found out the Sirus joined a pack of rogues that have been planning on getting revenge on this pack for a while now. He made an agreement with them that he would help take down the pack only if they help him get you."

"And why would they agree to it?" Jake growled.

"Sirus is a very smart guy. He can easily find people's weakness and he's very sneaky." I explained to him.

"And how do we know that you're telling the truth? How do we know that you're in on the plan too and that this is part of it?" Jake asked.

"Why would I join a pack of rogues to kill you. I'd rather die then join them." Jackson said. "Plus I never did get along with Sirus so why would I help him kill people."

"That's true. You guys never got along." I said.

"And give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you for trespassing into my land." Jake threatened.

"You're not killing him." I told him.

"Why he has a cellphone. He could've just called."

"Because I thought that maybe on my trip I would find my mate." Jackson explained.

"You haven't found your mate yet?" Jake asked.

"No I haven't. That's why I decided to come here and not call."

Jake looked at him, trying to find out if he was lying or not. I of course knew he wasn't because all he talked about when we were in New York was finding his mate and starting a family.