Five:The Gathering

Picture of Sara

I woke up this morning with something on top of me. I opened my eyes and saw Lilian sleeping on top of me. I carefully picked her up and place her down next to me on the bed. I quietly got up and went into the bathroom to get ready.

I took a quick shower and did my normal morning routine in the bathroom then headed into my room to change. I put on a tan and brown sweater dress along with some tights and tan flats.

I looked over at the bed and saw Lilian sitting up rubbing her eyes.

"Morning baby." I said taking a seat next to her.

She crawled over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"How are you still tired. You're normally running around at this time."

"I don't know." she mumbled.

"Well are you awake enough to get dressed and ready?"

"Ready for what?"

"There's a gathering today to celebrate Uncle Sam's and Aunt Sara's engagement."

"Okay."

I put her in a white and silver polka dot shirt with a pink sweater and skirt along with white tights and cream colored flats with flowers. We did a couple other things before heading down stairs.

"Morning sweetheart. Did you sleep well?" my dad asked me.

"Yeah I woke up with someone on top of me though." I turned my head at Lilian and she giggled.

"Hey girl." Sara said walking in the room, Sam trailing behind her.

"Hey." I responded.

"You're coming to the gathering today, right?"

"Yeah. So is Lilian."

"TV." Lilian spoke.

"Seriously. First day at a new place and you already want to watch tv?"

"Yes."

"I'll take her." Sara said taking Lilian from my arms and into the living room.

"So we need to talk." I said to Sam. I took a seat on one of the kitchen bar stools and patted for him to sit next to me.

"Oh god." He said taking a seat next to me.

"Ok since Sara's my best friend and also your mate, I just want to go over a few things. If you break her heart, I'll break you but if you don't then I won't. Okay?"

"Trust me Em. I'm not gonna break her heart."

"Good."

"Very lovely talk you two." My dad said placing each two plates full of breakfast in front of us.

"I'm assuming the extra two plates are for Sara and Lilian."

"No I expected you to eat both plate full." My dad responded sarcastically.

I stuck my tongue out at him and then walked in the living where Sara and Lilian are.

"Lilian breakfast." I places her dish on the coffee table.

"Where's mine?" Sara smirked.

"You're oh so lovely mate has it."

"Yeah yeah I'm coming." He said walking in and handing Sara her plate.

"Thank you." She said kissing him.

"Ugh gross. Remember there's a child in the room."

"Who you?" my brother smirked.

"Ha ha ha." I rolled my eyes at him. I looked over at Lilian and clearly she ignored me about breakfast because she hasn't moved.

I went over and picked her up, carrying her back to the couch. I set her down I front of her plate, ignoring her moans and whining.

"You can dance in between bites." I told her, kissing the top of her head.

I look over and saw Sara and Sam kissing. I rolled my eyes and said, "oh come on get a room."

They both immediately stop and start blushing. Good you should feel embarrassed.

***

We talked and talked while Lilian watched tv until it was time to start heading over to the hall.

By the time we got there everything was set up and it was beautiful. Alpha Damian and Luna Alicia really like to go all out for mates finding one another.

"Its beautiful." I said.

"Pretty." Lilian added.

"Well Sara did organize the whole thing." Sam said.

"Well you did one heck of a job."

They both have me a questioning look and it took me a while to figure out why.

"I can't swear in front of my kid. She'll think it's okay to say those kinds of things." They both nodded and walked off.

People started arriving about twenty minutes after we arrived. It looked like everyone was having a good time, even I was until i smelt him.

Mate.