Seven:Chances Given

EMILIE'S POV

When he grabbed my shoulder and spun around to face him my eyes met his and I almost melted. How could I stay mad at him.

No Emilie snap out of it. My wolf said to me. Remember how he broke our heart.

I instantly snapped out of my thoughts and remembered how much I hate him.

"What do you want?" I snapped at him.

"I just want to talk Em." he pleaded.

"Don't call me that."

"What? Em?"

"Yeah. Only people that I care about and that care about me are allowed to call me that." I spat.

"I do care ab-"

"Just save it. I don't want to here how 'you're sorry' or that 'it was a mistake' because you made your choice three years ago. You have no right to get into my business anymore. If you want to get into someone's business get into your 'girlfriend's' business, you know the one you left me for." I started to leave him when he grabbed my wrist, sending tingles all throughout my body.

"Please give me another chance Em I-I mean Emilie. Please that's all I'm asking for is another chance."

I looked him in the face again. "Read my lips. NO!" I yanked my arm out of his and went to find Sara and Lilian.

And to think I was going I tell him about Lilian. That's so not happening.

I looked around for a little bit until I saw Sara, Lilian and Sam talking to Alpha Damian and Luna Alicia.

I walked over to them since I have seen them in forever.

"Luna Alicia." I said giving her a big hug which she returned.

"Oh Emilie it's so good to see you." She said.

"Alpha Damian." I said bowing my head a little as a sign of respect.

"It's good to have you back Emilie." he said with a smile on his face.

"Momma." Lilian mumbled, stretching out her little arms towards me.

I grabbed her out of Sara's arms and placed her on my hip.

"You've done a remarkable job raising her on your own." Luna Alicia smiled.

"Thanks. She can be a handful sometimes but I can handled her."

Alpha Damian, Sam and Sara were in their own conversation, leaving me to talk with Luna Alicia alone.

"So have you told Jake yet?" Luna asked me.

"Wh-what are you talking about? Why would I have to tell Jake?" I tried playing it cool.

I saw Lilian had fallen asleep on my shoulder. Good I didn't want her to hear this conversation.

"I know she's Jake's Emilie. I know you wouldn't be able to just move on and forget about him. You're not that kind of person."

"Okay fine. You're right. But I'm not sure when I'm going to tell him or if I even am going to tell him."

"You have to tell him Emilie. You know that's not the right thing to do. Keeping someone away from their child? Even you aren't the cruel."

"I just don't want her to get hurt like I did."

"I know but a lot has happened over the years you've been gone. Jake has changed. He really has since you left. I remember the times when he would go out and have fun with his friends and everything, but ever since you've left, all he's done is mope and demand people to keep searching for you."

"He had a search party out for me?" aww now I feel bad.

"Ever since you left he's had people out looking for you."

"Maybe I'll give Jake a chance. With Lilian I mean. Not with me I'm just not ready for that."

"I understand."

***

It was maybe two hours after the party was over when I finally got the courage to go and talk to Jake.

I finally got Lilian all bundled up, ready to go outside. It's freezing cold outside and apparently there's suppose to be a blizzard tonight.

I got my coat on and before Lilian and I left I squatted down next to her.

"You ready?" I asked her. I told her before that she was going to meet her father and it took a little convincing for her to finally agree.

"I don't wanna go." she pouted. "He's mean, he doesn't wuve me."

"Hey you don't know that. He hasn't even met you and I'm sure that once he does he will love you."

"But not as much as you." she smiled.

"You're right. No one can ever love you as much as I do." I said giving her a big hug.

She giggled and we made or way off down the road towards the other mansion.

I didn't drive because it would probably take more time to get Lilian in and out of the car than it would walking.

When we finally arrived at the mansion, I asked a guard to direct us to were Jake was and he gladly did so.

Once we got to were we needed to go I set down outside the door and told her to wait for me to come and get her.

I knocked on the door and heard a 'come in' so I did.

"Emilie." he said, shocked to see me here. "What are you doing here, not that I'm complaining or anything."

"I'm here to give you a chance."

A sigh of relief left Jake's mouth as he smiled.

"Thank you I promise I-"

"Not with me though." I cut him off.

"What do you mean not with you? I don't want anyone but you." Hurt washed over his face.

"Trust me you will once you see her." I said.

I went and grabbed Lilian from out in the hallway and brought her in where Jake could see her and trust me, he was confused.

"Jake this is Lilian." I said. "She's your daughter."

________________________

Sorry for not updating in a while but I'm back.

So I want your guys' honest opinion. What do you think of the book so far?

Feedback is always appreciated and don't forget to vote.