Thirty: Birthday Party

Picture of Emilie's and Lilian's matching outfits

"Emilie! Emilie!" A hushed whisper said, shaking me in the process.

I opened my eyes to find Jake hovering over me.

"Yeah I'm up. I'm up." I groaned.

"You said you wanted to be up before Lilian and she normally wakes up around seven thirty."

"What time is it?"

"Seven twenty."

"Okay just wake me back up in five minutes." I yawned, resting my head back on the pillow.

"Why are you so tired? You should be awake by now. We went to bed two hours earlier last night so you wouldn't be tired."

"I know. I'm probably still tired from all your mother's talk about the party last night." I joked.

He chuckled. "Yeah she went on forever about that."

"So you might as well pull me out of bed because there is no way I'm getting enough motivation to do it myself." I held my arms up.

He gladly picked me up out of bed and carried me over to Lilian's bed, setting me down in front of it.

I crouched down beside it while Jake stood behind me.

I lightly started rubbing her back as her fists tightened. She opened her eyes and was greeted by my wide eyed smile.

"Hey baby. It's morning. And it's-"

"My birthday!" She squealed, cutting me off.

"Yeah! Happy birthday baby!" I said as she launched herself into my arms.

I stood up, giving her a kiss on the cheek before handing her over to Jake who said "happy birthday" and gave her a kiss as well.

"So how about three birthday pancakes for the birthday girl?" Jake suggested, setting her on the ground.

"Yeah!" She squealed and ran out of the room.

"And how many would her pretty momma want?" Jake turned to me.

"Depends on who's cooking them." I smirked.

"I can make pancakes. I've been practicing cooking and pancakes is one of the meals I don't burn." He stated causing me to chuckle.

Coming to think about it, pancakes doesn't sound very appetizing right now. It's kind of making me nauseous.

"So how many do you want?" Jake asked.

"I actually don't want pancakes. It's kinda making me nau-" I cut myself short feeling the bile rise up my throat.

I sprinted into the bathroom and over to the toilet just as the contents were released into the toilet bowl.

I felt Jake pull back my hair and lightly rub my back.

As soon as all the contents were emptied from my stomach and into the bowl, I closed the lid and flushed the toilet.

Standing up, I wiped my mouth and sniffled, walking over to the sink.

"Are you okay? Why don't you go back to bed and I'll tell Lilian that you're not feeling well right now." Jake said in a worried tone.

"No I'm fine. I probably just ate to many cookies last night and that was the consequence." I lied, knowing that it probably wasn't the reason.

"Emilie,"

"Jake, I swear I'm fine. I feel kinda better. I'm just going to clean up a bit before going downstairs, okay."

Jake nodded, but the look on his face showed that he wasn't buying it.