Eight:Meeting Lilian

JAKE'S POV

"Jake this is Lilian." she paused. "She's your daughter."

As those words left her mouth, my entire world turned upside down.

My daughter? I have a daughter. I'm a father.

I was having mixed emotions right now. I was so glad to have my mate be back in town but to find out that I had a daughter and that she's kept he from me made me pissed.

"Jake?" Emilie said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I managed to calm myself down. I get it. I left her so Emilie felt like she needed to protect our child but of course I would never hurt her.

"My daughter." I confirmed.

"Our daughter actually." she said, putting Lilian down on the ground.

Instantly Lilian hid behind Emilie's legs as if she was scared of me.

"She's a little shy at first but once she adjusts she won't be." Emilie explained.

I nodded and crouched down to Lilian's height. "Hi Lilian." I said gently.

Lilian's grip on Emilie tightened and she buried her head farther into Emilie's legs.

Emilie crouched down to Lilian's level and said something's in her ear before standing back up.

"I'll give you two a moment." she said leaving the room.

"Hi Lilian." I tried again as she stood there pouting.

"You wuv me?" she faintly asked.

"Yes baby I do love you." I assured her.

"Good. Then don't ever weave me, deal?"

"Deal." I held out my hand to make it official but instead she wrapped her tiny arms around my neck.

I wrapped my arms around her and stood up, picking her up with me.

I walked over to the door and opened it to see Emilie standing with her back towards the door.

She turned around to face us when I opened the door.

"I see she's adjusting." she said.

"Yeah. I think she is." I agreed.

"I think we should get going. It's starting to get dark and cold out and I don't want to get caught in the storm." she said grabbing Lilian out of my arms.

"Okay but at least left me drive you home. I heard you walked here and like you said it's getting dark and cold out."

"Jake you don't have to."

"I know but I want to."

"Okay." she sighed in defeat.

I grabbed my coat and led her out to my car. I opened the passenger door from her while she mumbled a 'thank you'. I got in the driver's side and started the car.

I back out of the driveway and headed down the road to her house.

"Thank you." I spoke.

"For what?" she asked.

"For telling me about Lilian. I can tell you probably didn't want to but I'm really glad that you did." I looked down at Lilian who was fast asleep by now.

"Well you're welcome."

I pulled up to her house and parked the car.

"Em." I said stopping from getting out of the car. "Do you think I could see her tomorrow?"

"Maybe."

"Okay well here's my number if you do decide, just give me a call." I said handing her a piece of paper.

"Okay. Night Jake."

"Goodnight Emilie."

EMILIE'S POV

I woke up this morning and stretched out a bit before looking over to Lilian's empty bed.

Wait-empty? It's not suppose to be empty. Where is she?

I got out of bed to go search for her when I heard giggling. Giggling? In the morning? Since when?

I went down the stairs to see Sam holding Lilian in the air, carrying her around like she was flying.

"Look who's finally awake." my mom said.

"Lilian woke up a little while ago and you were still asleep so we decided not to wake you." Sara said.

"Oh thanks I guess."

"Pancakes for one." my dad entered the room carrying a plate of pancakes.

He handed them to me before sitting next to my mom on the couch.

"How long has she been awake?" I asked.

"She woke up about three hours ago." Sara said.

"What time is it now?"

"Ten twenty three."

"Longest I've slept in for a while now."

"I can tell." she smirked.

I finished my pancakes that my father made me a headed up the stairs to get dressed.

I picked out an oversized Micky mouse sweatshirt with black leggings and black boots. I threw my hair into a messy bun and did other needed necessities before heading back downstairs.

"Hey do you know if the roads are good to drive on today?" I asked Sara as I walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah it didn't blizzard as bad as the forecast said but tonight it's suppose to really come so I think you're okay today, why?"

"Oh I'm just thinking about taking Lilian into town today. Maybe pick up a few things at the store and just show her some places."

"Oh okay. Why don't you invite Jake along with you. You know only for him to get to know Lilian better, of course."

"I don't know."

"Oh come on Em. Don't let what happened between you and him come between him and Lilian. Do this for Lilian's sake. So she grows up with her dad in her life."

"Fine I'll call him. For Lilian though, not for me."

"That's my girl. Now go."

I dialed Jake's number on my phone and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hey Jake it's Emilie."

"Hey Emilie what's up?"

"Um well I decided to take Lilian into town today just to show her around a bit and I thought maybe you'd like to tag along. You know for Lilian."

"Yeah definitely. What time are you leaving?"

"I'm just going to get Lilian ready and then I'll be over to pick you up so maybe in fifteen."

"Okay I'll be ready. Bye Em."

"Bye." I hung up the phone and went to get Lilian ready.

And the day begins...