Nineteen: Awkward Dinner

The walk to my parents house was a short one cause Lilian kept complaining she didn't want to be outside so we picked up our pace.

Once we arrived at the house I was pulled into the house and engulfed in a big hug by my parents.

"We're so glad you're okay." My mom sighed. "You are okay, right?"

"Yes I'm fine. Just..can't...breathe."

She released me from the hug and I took a huge breath.

After all the hugs and questions like "are you ok?" or "what happened?", Lilian was in the living room with Sam and Sara playing and Jake, my mom, dad and I were in the kitchen talking while my mom is preparing dinner.

My dad kept giving Jake the evil eye which I could tell made him feel uncomfortable.

"So Dad, how you been? Good?" I tried to get him to stop glaring at Jake.

"Fine honey."

"Good! Great!"

Lilian was getting louder in the other room with her giggles so I focused my hearing on them.

"Guess what I saw today!" Lilian giggled.

"What'd you see." Sara asked her.

"Mommy and Daddy kissing!"

"Oh really."

I focused my attention back in the kitchen and clearly everyone else heard that as well because my parents' eyes widened and Jake couldn't stop smiling.

"And I'm gonna run now." I said running up the stairs.

"Emilie Moore you have some explaining to do!" Sara's voice echoed throughout the house as I could hear her chasing me up the stairs.

"No I don't!" I yelled back.

I ran into the guest bathroom and locked the door. Sara started banging on the door yelling at me to open it up.

Of course she would be mad at me because one I didn't tell her about it and two I didn't tell her about it.

The door handle was being jiggled and Sara appeared in the door way.

"Bobby pin." She held up a bobby pin.

She closed the door behind her and then glared at me.

"I'm know I'm sorry I didn't tell you, it's just I didn't know how."

"I don't care now I just want to know all the details."

I gave her all the details and she squealed, jumping up and down like a two year old.

"You remind me of my two year old." I rolled my eyes at her.

"You're two year old that is almost three."

"I know don't remind me."

"Oh they have to grow up sometime."

"I know but I don't want her to. She my little baby."

"And she will always be your baby. Plus you know you can always make more babies since you're letting Jake on your good side now."

"Look who's talking."

"Shut up. Let's go back downstairs. Dinner's probably ready."

We made our way back downstairs and my dad looked as if he was about to kill Jake. The only way standing in his way is that Jake now has Lilian in his arms. Smart boy.

"Well it's awfully quiet in here." I stayed the obvious.

"I say we get this party started with some drinks shall we." Sara tried to lighten the mood while opening up a bottle of wine.

She handed each of us a glass, of course Lilian's cup was full of Apple juice but she doesn't need to know what's in ours.

Ten minutes into eating and it's as quiet as a mouse. I swear this is the most awkward dinner I've ever had.

"Sooo..." I broke the silence.

"Sooo..." Sara added.

"Awkward." I trailed off.

<>

We finally had somewhat of a conversation at the table. It was weird since my dad like hates Jake but we finally managed it.

We said goodbye to Sara and Sam since tomorrow they're heading off for their honeymoon.

We just got home and I was getting ready to put Lilian to bed since she was already asleep in my arms.

"So are you going to sleep in your room or in mine tonight?" He smirked.

"Shut up." I scowled as I headed up the stairs.

I got up into the guest bedroom and sighed, knowing that I probably would sleep in his room.

I dragged Lilian's bed into his room, thank you for the little pads on the bottom of the legs or else it would make a lot of noise and scratch up the hardwood floors.

After it was placed in Jake's room, I went back into the guest room and changed Lilian into her pajamas and did the same for me.

I picked up Lilian, turned off the lights and walked down the hallway to Jake's room.

He was standing next to the bed, shirtless, smirking at me when I walked in.

"Go away." I pouted, tucking Lilian into her bed.

"Well this is my room."

"Not anymore." I jumped onto the bed and snuggled underneath the covers.

"If you insist, I don't mind sharing with you." He crawled into bed beside me, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Let me guess but only me. No one else, except Lilian, right."

"Yep. Only you and Lilian."

"Good." I buried my head farther into his chest and he tightened his grip on me.

"Night Em." He kissed the top of my head.

"Night."

_______________________

Okay I just want to say THANK YOU so much for everyone who's ever voted, read or commented on this book. I appreciate everything and I'm glad that you enjoy this book.

Okay I deciding or whether or not to have a book cover competition where you guys make a kick ass book cover and I pick the best one.

I don't know if I want to do one or not but give me your thoughts on that idea and it will probably help me make yo my mind.