Twelve:The Reception

Picture of Hadley

The wedding was over which meant it was time for the reception and since there's going to be alcohol, there's no kids allowed, so someway I have to convince Lilian to stay with Greta. She runs a daycare for the children when parents are busy with meetings and everything.

Once again in walking through a room of crowed people trying to find Jake so I can get Lilian.

I finally spotted them up with someone, I couldn't really see their face. Never mind they were with Hadley. God I hate her so much.

I was walking towards them when Lilian saw me and starting smiling.

"Hi." I smiled at her, grabbing her from Jake's arms.

"Hi." she smiled wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Hey so since you're going to the reception I can take Lilian. I wasn't planning on going anyway and I wouldn't mind watching her."

"No it's fine. I already have someone to watch her. Thanks though." I gave him a fake smile then walked away.

No way am I leaving her alone with the two of them. Especially her.

"Why can't I go?" she pouted.

"Because you're not old enough." I told her. "You're gonna be staying with Greta and all the other little kids, okay?"

"But I wanna go." she whined.

"I can't help it. I won't be gone for that long and exactly when I leave I'll come and get you, okay?"

"Fine."

"Thank you." I kissed the top of her head.

I dropped her off at the daycare room and headed back towards the room where the reception is being held.

"Hey." Sara came up to me a looped her arm through mine.

She had on a shorter white dress that went to about her knees. I also had changed into a shorter gray dress that went to my knees.

"Hey I would think you and Sam would be all over each other."

"He wishes." She scoffed.

"So do you don't deny it." I teased.

"And where's your mate? And who the hell did he bring to my wedding?"

"Her names Hadley. All I know is her name and that I hate her."

"Jealous much." she teased.

I gave her a look that said this was not the type of thing to be joking around about.

"Geez I was joking lighten up. Sure she might be pretty but she has to have her own mate out there somewhere. And plus you're the mother of his child. That's pretty hard to compete with."

"Please that doesn't matter. I was drunk and stupid that night. The only good thing that came out of that whole mess was Lilian. I couldn't give a crap about him."

"Okay yes I agree about Lilian being the only good thing that happened from that night but don't lie to yourself like that. We both know he knows how you feel about him, yes you want to be with him but you also don't want to get hurt again. He knows you need time to heal. So why don't you go tell him that you don't want him seeing anyone during that time."

"I don't want to keep him from doing anything he wants. If he really wants to be with me then he should already know that I don't want him with anyone else. And if he's not with anyone it shows that he does want me."

"Ugh you know what you need. Shots. Come with me." she dragged me off towards a bar table.

"Sara I can't drink. I don't want to go home and have Lilian see and smell me drunk."

"Oh what's a couple shots of tequila gonna do to ya." She handed me one while she gulped the other one down. "Come on. It's a reception we're suppose to have some fun here."

I sighed and gulped down the liquid. She handed me two more which I also gulped down.

"No more." I set the glass down.

"Come on loosen up." She whined.

She was so gonna get hammered tonight.

"What are you two ladies talking about?" Sam came up behind us.

"Good you're here. Take her so she'll stop trying to get me drunk." I said pushing Sara into his arms.

He chuckled while she glared at me. He pulled her into the dance floor where they had their first dance as a newly married couple.

"Wanna dance." I turned and saw Jake beside me.

"I thought you weren't staying." I asked.

"I changed my mind." He smirked.

"Where's Hadley?" I said maybe with a hint of jealousy.

"Oh come on don't be jealous, she's just a friend. So do you want to dance or no?"

"No." I walked away from him.

"Oh come on Em. She's just new to the pack and I brought her here to meet people." He caught up to me.

"And couldn't someone else of done that. Don't you have a beta. Where's Lucas?"

"He's away on a trip. He went out to discuss some business with some old family friends."

"Well I'm sure you could've found someone else to bring her to the wedding."

"Hey Jake." Her voice filled my ears. She appeared right beside is grinning from ear to ear. "Hey Emilie."

"Bitch." I muttered but knowing that she could here me very clearly before walking away from them.

"Emilie!" Jake shouted after me but I kept on walking.

I hate her so much. Why can't she go find someone else's mate to hit on. God so help her if she lays one finger on him I'll kill her.