Sixteen: Sleepover

My parents haven't arrived home yet since they were out of town doing God knows what. Anyways I told them not to rush back and to finish what they were doing and that I'm probably going to be over at Jake's by the time they got back.

I had told Jake that I agreed on his offer and immediately he mind linked someone to get a guest bedroom ready.

Right now I'm packing whatever clothing that's not destroyed into a small suitcase for Lilian and I.

Mostly everything was destroyed but a couple things managed to survive. There was a light knock on my door and Jake appeared in the doorframe.

"Need any help?" He entered the room.

"No I'm about finished. Has Lilian woken up yet?" I zipped the suitcase.

"Yeah about five minutes ago and let me tell you she does not like that bed." He chuckled.

I smiled before saying, "Only because she can't get out of it without someone having to pick her up."

He smiled and I took one last glance at my once beautiful room.

"Are you okay?" Jake asked seriously.

"Yeah I told you that already."

"You were talking about being physically okay. I'm referring to emotionally okay."

"Honestly I'm scared out of my mind. The fact that someone was here in my house obviously wanting to kill me, kind of scares me."

"Everything is going to be okay. Nobody is going to hurt you as long as I'm around." He looked me in the eye.

I smiled at his words. I know he deeply regretted his past actions and that he was really sorry about everything. I'm just scared of what could happen. I know I'm such a pessimist.

We walked down the stairs, getting ready to head over to his house. Lilian was in the living room watching tv, Dora I assume.

I headed into the living room to get Lilian while Jake stayed in the kitchen. Obviously something caught his eye.

"Lilian ready to go?" I asked her, turning off the tv.

"Where we going?" she asked, putting her arms up in the air to be picked up.

I picked her up and made my way towards the kitchen.

"We're going to stay at daddy's house for a little while, okay?" I entered the kitchen.

"Yay!" she squealed.

I walked over to Jake who was staring at the refrigerator.

"Daddy you wike my picture?" Lilian pointed towards her picture on the refrigerator.

"Yeah it's beautiful." He smiled.

We headed towards the front door so I could get Lilian's coat on her.

I put her down, ignoring all her whines, and put one of her arms through her jacket. Once her coat was on, I zipped it up and put a hat, gloves, and a scarf on her. I didn't even bother with the boots, knowing that she would probably prefer being carried.

I put my coat on, along with some gloves, a hat and a scarf.

Lilian waved her arms in front of Jake who gladly picked her up.

"I can carry the bag if you're carrying her." I offered.

"No it's fine. I got it." He assured me as we exited the house.

"Okay if you say so."

Lilian nuzzled her face into Jake's neck to block the wind from blowing onto it. God is this mighty cold wind.

We reached his house in about fifteen minutes, give or take and he instantly showed us, well mostly me, to the guest room.

It was a nice size room, big enough to fit two but since Lilian doesn't take up that much space it could probably fit three.

There was a queen size bed on the one wall and a little toddler bed on the opposite wall directly across from the queen size bed.

There was a couch and a couple arm chairs as well as a little table and chairs for Lilian.

"This is cute, I like it." I smiled, looking around the room.

"You do?" He sounded shocked. "Wow I was totally just guessing here on this."

"Well you did a good job. Lilian what do you think?" I looked at my baby blonde hair girl who was still in her father's arms, curiously looking over at the toys.

"I wike it." She giggled.

Jake set her down and she ran over to check out all the toys.

"That door leads to the bathroom and my room's down the hall if you need anything." Jake pointed towards a door in the room.

"Thanks." I smiled at Jake. "Really for everything."

<><>

It's two am and I'm lying in bed listening to Lilian's soft snores. Ever since that night Jake spent the night I haven't been able to sleep well.

I decided to get up and explore the house and maybe that would tire me out enough to sleep for a couple of hours.

I quietly made my way out of the room, trying not to wake up Lilian and I ventured out into the bare hallway.

I past a couple rooms that looked like either more guest rooms or were once occupied.

I reached another door and it felt like I was being drawn there. I quietly opened the door and peered inside. There was Jake sleeping shirtless in his bed. He looked so peaceful.

I don't know what came over me when I started walking closer to his bed. What am I doing?

I crawled into bed next to him and pulled the covers over me. I placed my head on his chest and the usual tingles shot through my body.

In a matter of minutes I was out like a light, knowing that this is where belonged.

------------------------

Hey all my fellow followers/readers! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I had writers block and let me tell you that is not fun.

Well I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I know a couple of you guys were waiting for this moment so here it is!

And also by the way Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!