Thirty-Eight: Best Choice

"It's been two hours!" A deep voice echoed.

"Jake she passed out! It's not like she's dead!" A higher pitched voice echoed back.

"She'll wake up soon." Another deep voice echoed.

Voices were echoing all around and they needed to stop. My head was pounding.

I opened my eyes, practically being blinded by the light. I sat up slowly, groaning and continuously blinking my eyes so they would adjust.

"Emilie!"

I looked up and saw Jake rushing to my side.

"Emilie are you okay?" He asked, cupping my cheeks in his hands.

"Wh-what happened?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes.

"You passed out." Jessica piped in.

I looked passed Jake and saw Jessica and Jackson. We were in his office now, me sitting on his couch and Jake crouched down in front of me with Jessica and Jackson right behind him.

"What do you mean I passed out?"

"You passed out after you found-" he cut himself off.

"After I found all the blood." I remembered.

It all came flooding back. There was so much blood.

"Emilie." Jake snapped me out of my thoughts.

He grabbed ahold of my hands and just now I realized I was shaking.

"Jackson take Jessica back to my parents room and stay with her and my mom until I say otherwise." Jake say firmly.

"What that is so unfair." Jessica complained.

"Don't argue with me Jessica."

"But-"

"All women and children are to stay in their rooms until we figure out a plan. Jackson is only staying with the two of you as a precaution and because I already have Dad and Damian looking further in on this until I'm able to join them. So go to your room immediately."

"Fine." Jessica muttered and stared at the ground as Jackson escorted her out.

As soon as the door shut, Jake took a seat beside me and pulled me into his lap.

He wrapped his arms tightly around me as I shoved my face in the crook of his neck.

"You're safe now." Jake said soothingly.

"I don't feel safe." I mumbled. "I don't wanna be here."

"I know but we'll double all security and we'll-"

"No," I cut him off. I pulled my head back so I could look at him. "Jake I don't wanna be here."

"Okay then we'll go back to your parents house-"

"No no no," I stood up rubbing my temples. "I don't wanna be here, in the territory, at all."

"Emilie,"

"I'm being serious here Jake. If I just leave then maybe-"

"You're not leaving." He stood up and walked over to me.

"Jake-"

"No Emilie! I'm not letting you leave with this psychopath out there!"

I sighed, "Look Sirus has made his point and-"

"I don't give a damn about his point! He's not getting you!"

"Jake would you just listen-"