Twenty-Eight: The Return of Lucas

Picture of Lucas (PAUL FREAKING WESLEY!! I LOVE HIM!!)

I heard this quiet buzzing causing me to wake up. Jake was lying there beside me with his right arm wrapped around me with my head on his chest. My right hand was beside my head on his chest with his left hand covering it.

The buzzing continued and I soon saw movement on the nightstand beside Jake who was still sound asleep.

Ever so slightly I detangled myself from Jake's arms and slowly climbed over him to pick his phone of the nightstand.

I looked at the screen and the name Lucas appeared on it. So his beta was calling him.

I went out into the hallway to answer the phone so I didn't disturbed Jake or Lilian.

I answered the call but didn't get a chance to speak because Lucas was already talking.

"Hey Jake. So I got back last night and heard what was happening with the whole rogue plotting revenge scheme. This sucks man.

"I also heard that Emilie gave you another chance. Look who got lucky. But I guess you'll be really lucky when she gives it to ya man. But you'll probably have to have the kid out of the house because I have a feeling it'll get loud. She looks like a screamer to me but then again only you would know that.

"Unless she did it with someone else in New York which would totally suck but then again only she would know that so if that did happen you wouldn't be the only one who knows if she a screamer or not. The other guy would know too. Or girl. Who knows maybe she took a turn while in New York.

"But the most important thing is that she back and she gave you another chance." Lucas rambled on over the phone.

I cleared my throat and tried to hold back my laughter.

"So I look like a screamer, huh?" I asked.

"Emilie? Oh shit!"

The line went dead and probably so did he. I mean I would if I said something like that to the person I was talking about.

Then the door opened and out walked Jake rubbing his eyes.

"Hey what are you doing up at six thirty? You normally don't get up until nine." He asked while yawning after. "And why do you have my phone?"

"Lucas called and I didn't wanna wake you up so I answered and man that boy can talk."

"What'd he say?"

"Oh you know. Girl stuff. You should ask him about it later. But for now we are going back to bed." I put his phone in his one hand while I grabbed his other and dragged him behind me.

We crawled back into bed and got back into the same position we were in earlier when Lucas called.

Not long after I soon began drifting back to sleep.

<><><><><>

"Em." Jake's voice filled my ears. He lightly rubbed my arms and trailed kisses up my neck, onto my cheek and then a big, sweet, passionate kiss onto my lips.

"What?" I asked after he pulled away.

"I've got to go over to the pack house for a meeting. I'll be back in an hour."

"Can I come?" I asked.

"You wanna come?" He sounded surprised.

I nodded my head and held my arms out to be carried.

He chuckled and picked me up, carrying me into the bathroom.

"You gotta be quick though, okay. I gotta be over there in half an hour." He said setting me down in the closed lid of the toilet seat and turning on the shower for me.