Thirteen: If Only Life Could Be Like This Always

Picture of Greta

I was on my way to go pick up Lilian and then go home and fix her some dinner.

I made it to the door that said daycare on it and it had a cute little sign on it obviously made by one of the little kids in there.

I pushed open the door and saw Lilian sitting down at one of the tables coloring with some of the other kids.

"Hi. It's Emilie right?" A voice said behind me.

"Yeah I am."

"Sorry there's so many mothers that come down here and I just arrived her four months ago so I don't really know everybody yet."

"It's okay I just got back myself. I left three years ago and came back maybe a little more than a week ago so."

"Well it's nice to officially meet you." she stuck her hand out.

"You too." I shook it.

"Mommy look what I drawed." Lilian came running up to me with a picture in her hand.

"What did you draw?" I bent down to her level.

"Me, you and Daddy." she pointed to each person.

"It's beautiful baby." I picked her up. "You ready to go?"

She shook her head and I went and changed her shoes and put her gloves, hat and coat on her. I had mine on already so we left the daycare room and left the building.

I carried her back to our house where I unlocked the door and set her down. Before she could run off I grabbed her arm and removed her outside wear. I removed mine as well and went to go find where Lilian had run off to.

Surprisingly she wasn't in the living room trying to get the tv to work and normally if she isn't in the living room she's in the kitchen. Sure enough when I check the kitchen she was there, trying to reach the handle to the cabinet where all the snacks are.

"I hungry." she whined.

"I know you are so why don't we get changed first and then I'll make you some dinner, okay?"

She nodded and so we went upstairs to get changed. I put her in some leggings and an oversized sweater that said 'Mommy's girl' and I changed into some gray sweats and a pink tee.

We went back into the kitchen where I made her some SpaghettiOs for dinner. She ate at the table for once and when she was finished I put her bowl and spoon in the dishwasher.

"Can we hang my picture on fridgerator?" She held up her picture.

"Yeah."

I picked her up and gave her a magnet to attach her photo to and she stuck it on the refrigerator.

"There now it's perfect." I said to her as she smiled.

We ended up on the couch watching the movie Frozen because it's one of her favorite Disney movies and before the movie finished we were both past out on the couch, fast asleep.

Jake's P.O.V.

I was on my way out from the reception and I was heading home but first I wanted to make a quick stop at Emilie's house to say goodnight to her and Lilian.

I parked my car on the side of the road. Don't ask me how I even able to drive with the roads covered in snow because I don't know.

I walked up to the front door and knocked a couple times. There was no response or movement in the house, that I could hear of but with me being a werewolf, an alpha at that, I could clearly hear the song let it go playing.

I twisted the doorknob and of course the door was unlocked. Okay clearly I have to give Emilie a lesson on locking doors when she's home alone since there can be rogues trespassing, not just for her safety but for Lilian's as well.

I walked inside and into the living room and I saw Lilian curled up on Emilie's lap, both of them fast asleep.

I shut the tv off and then carried Lilian up the stairs and placed her in her little toddler bed. I went back downstairs to carry Emilie up the stairs as well.

I wrapped one arm under her legs and the other under her back and began walking towards the stairs.

Emilie stirred in her sleep and buried her head deeper into my chest. She looked so peaceful sleeping and I am such a total dick for rejecting her. To think that a girlfriend could be more special than a mate.

I placed Emilie underneath the covers of her bed and was about to leave when she grabbed my hand.

"Don't leave me alone." she faintly whispered.

I nodded while she scooted over in the bed. I climbed in neck to her and she snuggled closer to me.

This is perfect. This is exactly how I want to spend the rest of my life.