Three:New Life

Picture of Lilian

It's been almost three years since I left home. I had gotten a two bedroom apartment in New York City and found a job as a waitress.

Nine months later I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl, Lilian. She looks exactly like me except she has Jake's eyes and nose.

Moving away from home was hard but it was the best thing from me and Lilian. She's only asked once about her daddy and I told her he was away. She's never asked again because the first time made me cry.

Anyways she's currently in our little living room, in front of the tv, singing in her pajamas, along to Dora.

I swear Dora is her favorite show and she insists she needs to watch it every morning before I drop her off at daycare.

I, on the other hand, am currently in the kitchen making Lilian some breakfast. It's hard for me to get her to eat breakfast because she'll never sit down. She's constantly moving.

I fix her plate and walk into the living room and set it down on the coffee table, sitting down on the couch as well.

"Lil breakfast is ready."

"I not hungry." she said continuing to dance.

"Lilian." I said a little stricter. She turned around to face me and saw I was serious. She started to pout and walk towards me.

I picked her up and placed her on my lap. "You can still watch baby I just want you to eat." I kissed her cheek.

"But I wanna dance." she complained.

"You can dance after you eat. So the sooner you eat the sooner you can dance."

She instantly jumped off my lap and picked up her fork and began eating. I laughed at her trying to eat quickly but she never could do it.

She finished her plate and got up to dance. I picked up her plate and put it in the dishwasher.

I went into my room and quickly got ready for today and then walked back into the living room to get Lilian ready.

"Mommy!" she yelled as I shut the tv off.

"Come on time to get ready."

"But momma." she pouted and stomped her foot.

"But momma nothing. You've watched enough Dora for this morning. Now it's time to get ready for daycare."

"I don't wanna go."

"Too bad. I got to go to work and you can't stay here by yourself so you've got to go."

"But I a big girl."

"Your two and three quarters. Until you're eighteen you listen to me. And when I tell you it's time to get ready I mean it's time to get ready." I picked her up and spun her around as she giggled. I placed her on my hip and kissed her cheek. "Are you going to not argue with me and just get ready?"

"Yes momma." she giggled and kissed my cheek, wrapping her tiny little arms around my neck.

I helped her get dressed into her purple shirt and purple and light blue striped leggings. I put a pair of purple rain boots on her feet and fixed her hair.

It been constantly raining for the past week now so I put Lilian's raincoat on her and then put mine on. I grabbed an umbrella and we made our way down to the first floor.

"Up." she said raising her tiny hands in the air.

I sighed and picked her up. I opened up the umbrella and started walking down the street to the daycare center.