Twenty-Nine: A Snowman Named Ollie and Baking with Lilian

Picture of Lilian Baking

4 days later

So if I had to some up this weak in one word it would be hectic.

We caught sight of a rogue on the pack territory but before Jake could question him, the rogue slit his throat with his claws.

Jake and a group of warriors tracked the rogue's scent back to a clearing in the woods though, right outside the border and found that a camp had been set up but it had been cleared out before they got there.

And to top it off, Lilian's birthday is tomorrow and I kinda feel bad that I didn't help with one thing.

Jessica, Melanie and my mom set the whole thing up in the party room of the pack house.

My mom and Melanie kept assuring me that they had everything under control and that it was going to be perfect since and I quote, "it's the first birthday we get to celebrate with our first grand baby."

So hopefully everything will go as planned tomorrow.

But with every bad thing there is a good thing. And the good thing is that Sam's survival chance went from thirty-three percent up to fifty-seven percent. According to the doctor, that's great progress for someone in his condition.

So here I am, outside in the cold with Lilian because she wanted to play in the snow.

No, instead of staying inside the nice warm house she decides she wants to go outside and build a snowman. But that only because we were listening to the Disney radio and the song "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" played.

"Mommy he needs a nose." Lilian complained as she looked at our snowman that we built.

He had everything he needed except a nose. I handed her the carrot that I had brought out and picked her up so she could give the snowman a nose.

She giggled as she pushed the carrot into the snowman's face, giving him a bright orange nose.

The view of a car came into sight as Jake parked into the driveway.

"What are you guys doing out here? I would've of thought that you guys would be inside."

"Lilian wanted to build a snowman."

"Isn't he pwetty daddy?" Lilian asked as she wrapped her arms around the snowman's neck.

"He's beautiful Lil." He said, walking towards us. "What's his name?"

"Frosty!" Lilian exclaimed.

"Lil, there's already a snowman named Frosty." I said.

"Then Owie"

"You're naming the snowman Ollie?"

"Mmhmm." She nodded her head in conformation.

"Well how about we let Ollie have some time alone while we go inside and eat some lunch." Jake suggested.

"Owie needs food too!" Lilian pointed out.

"We'll bring him some food later, okay? But for now let's go inside so that a certain someone doesn't catch a cold."

He took Lilian from my arms and spun her around as she laughed making me smile.

She hasn't shifted yet so that means that her healing abilities aren't as fast as ours, making it easier to catch a cold.

We went inside and I began making some soup while Jake played with Lilian and her dolls.

After lunch, Jake and I talked about some pack stuff while Lilian played with her dolls.