Ten:Big Day

Picture of the Pack House

The big day is finally here. Today my brother and my best friend are getting married. I never thought I would say that.

I climbed out of bed and saw that Lilian was still asleep in her little toddler bed so I took that opportunity to take a quick shower.

So Sara was right it was suppose to blizzard three days ago and guess what, the snow is still here. At least we can get out of the door now.

The wedding is going to be held in the party room at the pack house since it's the biggest room we have. So I guess it's not to far of a walk from our house to the pack house.

Speaking of houses Sara and Sam decided to keep living with my parents, Lilian and I, just so they can help out but I'm guessing after their honeymoon a certain someone is going to come back expecting but of course I'm just guessing here.

I jumped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and one around my head.

I slipped on some black leggings and an oversized maroon sweater. I blow dried my hair straight and put on a little make up.

I didn't really dressed up or put that much make up on because I have to change and all that before the wedding since I'm kinda the maid of honor.

I walked back out into my room to see Lilian pulling clothes out of the closet for herself.

"Hey Lil what are you doing?" I asked her, walking towards her.

"Dressing." she pull out a shirt and some pants that don't match at all.

"Well why don't I pick out your outfit and you can put it on ok?"

"Okay." She sat down on the floor while I pulled out a blue and white snowflake dress.

I gave it to her to put on while I went and got some white tights and flats.

She was struggling to take her pajama shirt off so I ended up taking it off for her.

"No I wanna do it." she protested. I watched her put the dress on over her head but of course it was backwards.

"Lil it's on backwards. You've gotta flip it around." I said showing her.

She slipped her arms the the holes and I buttoned the button in the back. She took a really long time just getting the dress off so I took matters into my own hands.

I took off her pants, ignoring her moans and complaints about how she wanted to do it and slipped on her tights and shoes.

"There all changed." I said grabbing a brush and brushing her hair.

"Mommy I full." She said doing a little dance.

Shit I didn't change her. She refuses to learn how to be potty trained so she's still using pull ups.

I pulled out the changing pad, put it on the floor and grabbed a pull up out of the bag.

I quickly changed her and put everything away before taking her in to brush her teeth and to do something with her hair.

I french braided her bangs back and pinned them to the side of her head.

Once all done with that we headed down the stairs and into the living room where only Sara was.

"Hey where's Mom, Dad, and Sam?"

"Your dad went out with Sam since ya know it's bad luck to see the bride on your wedding day and your mom went over to the pack house just to make sure everything is set up the way it's suppose to be." Sara smiled.

"Oh right I forgot about that. Here can you take her so I can go make her breakfast?" I asked handing Lilian off to Sara.

She nodded before I went off to make Lilian some breakfast. I got some cereal out of the cupboard and poured it in a bowl for her.

I poured some milk in and went back into the living room to see her watching tv. Typical.

I put it down on the coffee table and this time I actually didn't have to drag her over to eat. She came over by herself. Well that's different.

"Mommy?" Lilian looked at me while shoving a spoonful of Cheerios in her mouth. "Is Daddy coming today?"

"Yeah that's who you'll be sitting with at the wedding since I'll be with Aunt Sara and Uncle Sam." I told her.

So her and Jake have gotten really close over the past couple of days. I'm sorta glad about that because no child should grow up with only one parent in their life.

"Well we should be heading over soon." Sara said breaking the silence.

"Yeah you're right." I grabbed Lilian's empty cereal bowl and put it in the dishwasher.

I turned off the tv and put Lilian's coat on her along with a hat, gloves, scarf and I switched her flats into boots just so she doesn't get her feet wet.

I put on my coat, gloves and hat before we started heading out.

Lilian grabbed both mine and Sara's hand while we walked along the snow covered side walk. We would occasionally swing her when we walked, that was until she wanted to be picked up.

"So am I going to be an aunt anytime soon?" I smirked looking at Sara.

"Maybe. I don't know we've already got Lilian in the house and she's about the handful of five children so really how many more screaming children do ya really need."

"If you and Sam want to get pregnant then go ahead. I can handle this one right here." I said swinging Lilian back and forth as she giggled.

"Plus you've got Jake too remember?"

"Yeah yeah I know."

We finally made it to the pack house and walked into the warm aired room. I slipped Lilian's flats back on her feet and hung up our coats.

"I'm going to find Jake and then I'll be right back, okay?" I told Sara.

"Kay just hurry."

"I know." I picked up Lilian and entered into the next room to find Jake.

It was crowded in here let me tell you. Two of the largest packs in one room, so of course it's going to be crammed.

I spotted out Jake but he was with someone else. Some other girl. My happy expression faded when I saw that. I was right. He didn't want me. He hasn't changed at all.

_______

New chapter.

Do you like Jake? Should Emilie find herself a boyfriend? Should she give Jake another try?

Comment your ideas below. =)