Twenty-Two: Work Problems

Quote of Jake and Emily (not really what they look like)

A week later

"Momma where's Daddy?" Lilian asked me while she was playing with one of her dolls.

"Daddy's working baby."

Yeah so Jake has been working a lot lately, trying to figure out who broke into our house.

Alpha Damian has been doing a lot of the work lately cause he decided to give Jake time off to help Lilian and I settle in. But now it's time to get serious again.

He hasn't been around much for the past week. He's been home a couple days for lunch but that was like only two out of the seven days he's been gone. That's the only time Lilian's seen seen him and he only had half an hour.

He comes home late, way past Lilian's bedtime, and leaves early. I stayed up the first night for him to get back but he didn't until midnight and he had told me not to wait for him since it was probably going to be like this for a while. He leaves at like four in the morning and that is way to early to get up in my opinion. So we'll just have to stick it out.

"When he gonna be done?" Lilian whined.

"I don't know Lil. I know he hasn't been around lately and you miss him."

She put her doll down and looked up at me.

"But I still got you momma." She climbed on top of me and wrapped her little arms around my neck.

"Yes you do." I kissed her cheek and wrapped my arms around her.

The sound of the front door opening then closing was heard and in walked a stressed looking Jake. He threw his coat over the railing to the stairs just as Lilian saw him.

"Daddy!" she wiggles out of my arms and ran over to her father, his eyes soften when he saw her.

"Hey baby." Jake picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck for dear life, as if in two minutes he was going to leave again.

"Lil, don't strangle him." I chuckled, getting up from my spot on the couch and walking over towards them.

"You're not weaving again okay?" She looked up at Jake.

"Yep. I don't have to go back today." a look of relief flashed over his face.

"Good cause I hungy." Lilian whined.

"Go play while we make lunch, okay?" Jake suggested, setting Lilian down.

"Okay." She ran back into the living room and began playing with her doll again.

"By we you mean me right?"

"Are you saying I can't cook." He faked hurt.

"Please you wouldn't even be able to boil water. You'd probably set the house on fire."

"Is that even possible? To set a house on fire with water?"

"I don't know but you would probably find a way to do it."

"Shut up and kiss me." He grumbled before pulling me into his chest and bringing his lips down onto mine.

A couple seconds later I pulled away so we wouldn't do something we'll regret later.

"So what made you finally decide to come home?"

"We caught a rogue roaming along the border. He's in the main dungeon for right now. He keeps claiming that he didn't do it and that he means no harm and that-" he cut himself short.

"And that what?"

"And that he's looking for you and that you know him." He grumbled.

"Well what's his name? Maybe I do know him and what he says is true."

"He said his name is Jackson Scott."

I gasped. "Jackson's here?" A smile broke out onto my face. "You didn't kill him, did you?" I got serious.

"No he's still alive. Mind sharing about who he is?"

"Yeah I met him in New York a couples weeks after I got there. He was in the Black Shadow pack. Their Luna was actually Lilian's daycare teacher. I wonder why Jackson's all the way out here?"

"We'll figure it out tomorrow. I'll go down again and try and get something out of the man."

"Let me go." I suggested.

"Not happening."

I groaned in annoyance. "Oh please nothing's going to happen. I never said I had to go alone. Just let me come with you." I gave him my best puppy dog eyes that worked on everyone. How can he say no to this face?

"No. End of conversation." he walked into the kitchen and poured himself some leftover coffee. He put it in the microwave to let it heat up.

"I am not letting you have the last word on this." I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I already do."

"If you don't let me come with you tomorrow then..." I stop to think of something good.

"Then what?" He smirked.

"Then I'll move back into the guest bedroom and won't kiss or hug you for two weeks and if you still say no, well I won't even make eye contact with you."

"Fine you can come." He grumbled.

"Good. Now while I make lunch, how 'bout you go and spend some time with your daughter who hasn't been getting enough attention from you lately."

"Well I haven't been getting enough attention from you lately." He muttered under his breath while exiting the kitchen.

Man is he needy.

###

Later that night after we had put Lilian to bed, Jake and I were just lying on the couch watching some random show that came on.

Jake was leaning against the arm of the couch while I was straddling his waist, leaning my head on his chest. He had his arms wrapped around me, tightening his grip on me everytime I moved to get situated.

"Okay if you keep tightening your grip on me, you're going to squeeze me to death." I stated.

"Sorry." He sighed sheepishly and listened his grip a little.

"It's fine." I sighed, leaning farther into his chest.

"You want to know what I can't get out of my head for the past week?"

"What?" I looked up at him.

"That night when we got home from shopping, when you were falling asleep you said something."

"What'd I say?"

"That you love me." He smirked.

"Are you sure you heard me correctly? Are you sure I didn't say I hate you?"

Dang it. I actually said that. What is wrong with me?

"Nah I'm pretty sure I heard an 'I love you'."

"You're delusional."

"No I'm in love." he smirked before kissing me.

I kissed him back and then pulled away shortly.

"Fine. I guess my secret's been revealed." I muttered.

"It has Em. It has."

~~~~

OKAY! I am SOOOOOOO sorry for not updating in like FOREVER!! I got really busy with school and laziness and writers block but I'm back.

Hope you guys liked the chapters. Now that I'm out of words...BYE!!