Thirty-One: Temper Tantrums and Chinese Delivery

Picture of Shrimp Egg Rolls

I woke up this morning really having to pee which is strange because I normally don't have to pee at six forty-three in the morning.

I quietly and slowly detangled myself from Jake's grip on me and crept off into the bathroom.

If I ended up waking him, he probably would've carried me into the bathroom because of my leg.

I quickly peed and washed my hands, fixing my hair as well.

I decided not to go back to bed since I'm already up and I'm not really tired anymore.

I headed downstairs to make some coffee because I haven't had coffee in like forever.

I poured water and coffee beans into the container and pressed the start button and waited for it to be ready.

I grabbed the bowl of berries out of the fridge and went into the living room to watch tv.

I hooked up Netflix to the tv so that I could actually watch something interesting.

I decided on "New Girl" and began the season. I've never seen one episode but the picture looks okay and the description sounds interesting.

I could smell the coffee brewing so I paused the show and went to grab a mug.

As soon I stepped one foot into the kitchen, I quickly turned around and headed towards the bathroom downstairs.

I made it to the toilet just as the vomit came up.

I flushed the toilet, closing the lid as well. I washed my hands and splashed my face with some water to try and bring back some color to my skin.

Probably just a side effect from the pain medicine, right?

I went back out to the living room and continued watching "New Girl". I decided not to eat anything until Jake and Lilian got up so that we could all eat breakfast together.

I grabbed the blanket off the back on the couch and covered my legs with it.

I soon began to feel myself drifting off into unconsciousness.

+++

The second time I woke up I was expecting to see the living room but instead I saw our bedroom.

I was in our bed, underneath the covers, and sprawled out.

At first I was confused as to how I got up here but then I realized that Jake probably carried me back up here when he woke up.

I hauled myself out of bed when I noticed the clock. It read 1:03pm. I slept for that long?

I dragged myself out of the room and downstairs.

As I was stepping for the last step, Jake swooped in and scooped me up in his arms.

"Have a nice snooze?" He asked me.

I groaned in response and buried my face farther into his neck.

He chuckled. "I take that as a yes."

"Why'd you let me sleep for so long? Half the day's already over now."

"Because you needed the sleep. I can see it in your eyes that you're exhausted."

"I'm probably just overwhelmed by everything that's been going on."

He set me down at the kitchen table and grabbed some cereal for me.

"Well there's no harm in letting you sleep. Speaking of sleeping, why were you downstairs on the couch?"

"I woke up early and I didn't feel like going back to bed so I came down here to watch tv but I guess I fell back asleep."