Two:Rejected

Picture of Jake

I woke up this morning, remembering everything that had happened last night. I had found my mate last night and we had sex. I rolled over and saw him buckling his belt.

"Hey what are you doing?" I asked him as he looked at me.

"Leaving." was all he said.

"What do you mean you're leaving?" I asked him.

"I mean I'm leaving." he turned away from me. "I'm going home, back to my pack and m-my girlfriend."

"What?" my voice cracked. "No this can't be happening. Please don't let this be happening." A tear fell down my cheek.

"I'm sorry but I'm not your mate. I don't want to be your mate."

I got up and walked over to him. "You're lying. You do wan-"

"Just stop!" he looked back at me. "I don't want to be your mate and I will never want to be your mate. I don't love you and I probably never will."

I was full on crying at this point as he walked out the door. "No. Please stop. Please don't leave me." I fell on the floor crying.

I can't believe this is happening to me. I can't believe I was rejected.

/\/\/\

It's been a week since my incident with Jake and the only one that knows is Sara. She thinks Jake's a total ass from running away like that.

I walked into my bathroom since I had to change my pad because I was suppose to get me period last night. Ugh you think periods are bad for humans, yeah well they're worse for werewolves because everything's heightened.

I expected a total mess since it's horrible at the beginning but what I saw shocked me.

It was clean. Nothing was there except white. Maybe it's just late. Wait what am I saying it's never late. It's come early a couple times but it's never been late.

This only meant one thing and I started to cry. I walked out of my bathroom exactly when Sara walked into my room.

"Okay Emilie so I was think-Em what's wrong?"

"It's late." I choked out. "My period's never late."

"Do you think?" she asked and I nodded. "Wait I always keeps an extra one in my dresser. I'll go and get it. Who knows maybe it's just late." She ran out of the room to go get it.

I sat down on my bed and thought about what she said. Maybe she's right. Maybe it is just late.

She came back in with the box in her hand. She gave it to me along with a worried expression and I made my way back into the bathroom.

I pulled it out of the box and did the test. A minute later I looked at the result and tears came out of my eyes like a waterfall.

"Em?" Sara lightly knocked on the door and opened it a little.

When she saw my face I think her her broke. "It's positive." I cried as she wrapped me in a hug.

"Shh, shh. You'll get through this. I promise."

***

A couple hours later I finally calmed down and was laying on my bed. Everyone was downstairs eating dinner and I was up here. Sara said she would bring me up a plate after.

I couldn't face them. I couldn't just go downstairs with everyone without a major melt down.

I was to scared out what they would do if they find out. Would they feel sorry for me or feel ashamed of me. It would just be better if I ran away.

There was a light knock on the door and then I saw Sara's face pop in.

"Alpha Damian wants everyone in the pack house for an announcement. That includes you too Em."

I nodded and got up, following Sarah downstairs and out the door. We reached the pack building and then meeting room inside where everyone was gathered in when Alpha Damian and Luna Alicia walked in.

"Okay now that everyone has arrived I have an announcement. Alpha Christian from the Blue Moon pack," that pack name sent shivers down my body because that's the pact Jake's in. "has took our offer on making an alliance with us and will be moving into town soon. Alpha Christian, Luna Melanie, and their son future Alpha Jake will be arriving sometime this week to the neighborhood. I expect all of you to be welcoming and ready to help if they need it. That is all."

My heart literally stopped beating. Jake was moving into town. That means I'll have to see him. That means he'll find out I'm pregnant. I don't want to see him. I can't see him.

I went back to my room and started packing. Leaving was my best option right now, for me and my baby.

Sara walked into my room with a sad expression on her face. "Em I am so sorry this is happening to yo-what are you doing?" she asked me.

"I'm leaving. With Jake here it's just going to make things worse and if I'm having a baby I want them far away from him."

"Okay what can I do?"

I turned to face her with a confused expression on my face. "You're going to help me?"

"Yeah you're my best friend and this is your choice. Even though I hate it and if I was in your position I would do the same thing for my baby."

I gave her a hug and she instantly returned it. "Thank you." I mumbled into her shoulder.

"What are friends for. Now come on. Let's get you packed."

*

We were now at a local airport fifteen minutes away from the pack house.

"Call me as soon as you find somewhere safe to stay." She said as we hugged for one last time.

"Okay I will. You have the letter for my parents, right?" I asked her.

She nodded and gave me an envelope. "You're gonna need so cash so here's enough to get you started. Call me if you need anything."

"Thank you Sara. You're the greatest friend I could ever have."

I turned around and headed into the airport. Well here goes nothing.