IMAGINE #20

Their classroom once again burst into laughter as the word obesity was again mentioned. All eyes were on her as she also laughed, but deep inside she was badly hurt by all those teasing. Everyday of her life she experienced this kind of insult, Those were maybe jokes, but it has already affected her ego, but as a kind she was, she bottled up everything inside of her. The first class was done and they were having their break waiting for the next class to start. She was seated on a long wooden chair with her reviewer in hand.

‘Nelly, what’s that? Why are you here?’ one of her closest friends asked.

‘I’m reviewing for the test later.’ She replied.

‘Why don't you study in? It's kind of hot here.’

‘It's so noisy in there. I can't really concentrate with this.’ She chuckled as she waved her reviewer.

‘Alright then, I’m going to the cafeteria. Are you coming?’ She shook her head as her friend nodded and walked off.

Sighing, she looked around the hallway. She saw her classmate, Luhan, walking towards her direction; he was who she was in love for almost two years now.

‘Hey, studying for the quiz?’ Luhan asked, sitting beside her. Just then, her heart trembled.

‘Ah.. Yeah..’ speechless, she was.

‘Ahhh. I’m so full!’ He smiled and cooed.

‘Ah, Luhan –ssi, by any chance did you skip class again?’ She looked at him. His back was leaning on the glass window with eyes closed.

‘You didn't notice me gone awhile ago?’ He replied, still with closed eyes.

'Ah, yeah, I didn't notice you gone.. but why didn't you attend class?'

‘That subject is boring. I hate that subject.’ She chuckled. He sat straight and looked at her.

‘What’s funny, Nelly?’ his forehead creased.

‘You think that subject is boring? But everyone in the class loves that subject! They always laugh and..’ she was cut off by Luhan.

‘That’s why I hate that subject. I hate everyone in the class.’ Your eyebrows met the moment he said that.

‘Why? Why I don’t understand. I mean..’ again, she was cut off.

‘I hate them when they make fun of you. I hate them when they laugh at you. I hate them when they only need something from you. I hate them for always hurting you. I hate myself because I can’t do or say something when they do that to you.’ You were frozen by his words. You may be classmates for years now, but you were not that close. You were both awkward with each other that this was a very rare happening that you talk.

‘Luhan-ssi, Wha..What do you mean?’ he tilted your head to look at him.

‘Nelly, I like you!’ You can't believe in what he was saying. Maybe that's why whenever you look at him when the class is making fun of you; it looked like he was bored and annoyed. There was even a time when he just suddenly walked out of your classroom without asking permission to your professor and even banged the door close.

‘But.. ho..how come?’ You asked him teary-eyed.

‘How come what?’ he held your face, your eyes met.

‘How come you like me?’ a tear fell from your eye.

‘I don’t know why.. All I know is that I like you. I want to protect you. I want to make you smile. I want to be near you all the time, Nelly. I want to be the source of happiness.’ You didn’t know what to say. You, being speechless were an understatement.

‘Nelly, I am not asking you to like me back. I just need you to let me protect you. Just let me like you.’ You looked at his eyes. He was dead serious. You saw something in the windows of his soul. You could only nod your head since you didn't know what to say. You were happy that the person you've been in love with was in front of you, confessing to the one he loved deeply.

The next day, as usual their classroom was in chaos with the topic lesson. She looked at him and saw that he was listening intently to the professor. She removed her eyes from him when one of their classmates gibbered,

‘Heard it, Nelly? You’re an example of obese!’ he joked. She was about to say something to her rude classmate when Luhan cleared his throat before saying,

‘She may look obese for all of you, but she’s the most perfect girl I have ever laid my eyes on!’ The class was now in silent mode even the teacher was speechless. Luhan stood up and made his way towards her, got down on his knees and carefully reached for her hand.

‘Don’t listen to them. From now on, listen to me, ok?’ he said in a very gentle yet loving voice. She was in tears as she threw herself to him. He did the same and whispered to her ear,

‘I love you, Nelly.’

‘I love you too, Luhan.’

--

Guys, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thank you for those who support this book of randomness. I felt so unorganized for the past few weeks. I hope this year will bring contentment to my life, to our twelve boys' and to all of you guys!