36 - Sufferable

☻♡

☻♡

36 - Sufferable

Taking into account that it was only around noon, the bar was empty except for a few stragglers and workers inside.

Calum led the other two into the run down place, stopping at the bar where a woman with purple hair and black lipstick was standing behind the counter while shaking up her mixer.

"What can I get for you?" She asked professionally when Calum appeared in front of her with Luke and Ashton at his sides.

"We're looking for Michael."

She narrowed her eyes in confusion and asked, "And who's asking?"

"His boyfriends." Calum answered seriously, making Ashton smirk in success and Luke grin in pride.

"Oh—um..." She trailed off shocked, "He didn't tell you?"

"Tell us what?" Ashton cut in from Calum's right side.

"He quit a few days ago on the spot. He didn't even leave a notice. Just called up saying that he wasn't coming back."

"What?" Luke asked with widened eyes.

Where would he be then? He promised them that he was going to stay there to remain safe.

"Yeah, I was shocked too. He was my favorite around this place." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"Did he say anything else?" Calum asked, trying to put the pieces together.

"Nope." She shook her head, "Didn't say zip."

"Alright. Thank you for the help." Calum sighed out even more stressed than before when he pulled out his wallet, placing a $100 bill down in front of her before simply turning around and quickly walking out of the place on a mission.

"Woah! Calm down. Where are we going?" Luke asked when him and Ashton had to quickly catch up to the one who was already in the parking lot and heading to his car.

"We need to check if he's at his apartment. I understand that he's mad at us, but he can't be lying to us like this. His life is in danger." He growled out at the thought of Sykes getting to Michael again when he unlocked the car and quickly got into the driver's seat.

Luke quickly sat in the passenger seat as Ashton sat in the seat behind him, waiting for Calum until he sped onto the streets.

—•••—

"He's not here!" Calum yelled out angrily as soon as they broke into Michael's place and looked around the empty apartment that was missing most of his belongings.

"It looks like he moved out." Ashton frowned when he picked up one of his hoodies he gave to Michael that was laying on the floor.