2 - I Was Wrong

☻♡

☻♡

2 - I Was Wrong

Visitations were always the same for Luke and Michael.

Michael tried to stay positive and give Luke every and all support that he could muster up for the other, making sure to smile and to make jokes to make him at least get some release from the chaotic world of being locked away.

Meanwhile, Luke stayed silent and only gave a few words here and there to the other. He didn't connect any love or passion to Michael anymore, and Michael would cry everytime he got into his car after visiting Luke.

It physically hurt him seeing Luke and watching how he's changed because he knows that he's lost Luke.

Luke wasn't leaving prison anytime soon, and he didn't want him visiting the prison anymore.

But it didn't stop him from trying and keeping up his visitations. Well, until it all officially broke and crumbled.

Luke started getting into fights with both fellow prisoners and with guards. Plus, drugs and even a shiv was found in his cell during a usual check up.

Luke too quickly brought his sentence up from three years to seven once all of this happened and when an inmate involved in a fight almost passed away from blood loss.

"How are you doing?" Michael softly asked from across his lover at a worn down, ugly table.

"Fine." Luke simply said, placing his handcuffed hands down on the table.

"Why do you have bruises and cuts on your face?" Michael tried not to make any sounds of concern or remorse, but it was hard when his prisoned boyfriend came out looking like a punching bag.

"It's nothing."

Michael sighed, placing his face in his hands as he felt himself losing his final grasp of sanity.

"Why?" He suddenly cried out as he looked back at Luke, "Why are you acting like this?"

Luke didn't answer, but instead just stared blankly at Michael, making him feel even worse.

"I try keeping it together and staying here to support you, but you've changed, Luke! I want to be here and to help you, but you don't let me. Why are you pushing me away?"

"Let me ask you something, Michael." Luke suddenly said, making Michael's eyes widen with the fact that Luke was finally speaking.

But it was hope that was immediately thrown down the drain.

"I've been here for six months now and I've barely said a word to you. Don't you think that by now you'd understand that I don't want you here?"

Just like the day of the trial, Michael felt his heart shatter into pieces.

"W-What?"

"I don't want you here." Luke stated determinedly, "I don't want to see you or to talk to you."

"Why?" Michael asked hurt.

"Just stop coming, Michael." He sighed angrily.

"No. You need to tell me why." Michael said stressfully.

"I don't love you."

The tears came down as soon as Luke said those four words.

Luke didn't love him? But Michael loved Luke, and he loved him with every ounce of his heart.

"W-What do you mean?" Michael tried to keep his tears at bay, but it was no use as he stuttered with his words.

"We're over. I don't want you to come visit me. I have other things to worry about than you coming here and acting like everything's fine." Luke said without barely batting an eye, making Michael realize that Luke truly didn't care.

Luke didn't care that he was breaking his heart, and he didn't care that he was sat in front of him sobbing from the pain.

"I know that it's been hard, but I'll keep trying—" Michael was cut off.

"You're not listening to me." Luke basically growled in annoyance, "I don't want you here because I don't love you."

Michael physically cringed from this painful statement and all he could do was focus on those blue eyes that he loved, even if they were blurred from his tears.

"When you called me the night you got arrested..." Michael trailed off as he took a deep breathe, "You said that you'd always love me."

Luke stared back at Michael in silence as he saw the man he once loved break down because of him.

His heart clenched in pain, but Luke knew that it was needed. Michael couldn't be involved with him anymore. Things were running too deep and Luke knew that by time he got out of here, he'd be even worse than he was now.

"I was wrong."

Honestly I'm might decide to publish at least one update a day for this story for a little while. 🤗

— ☆⁎⁺˳✧༚