"So where were you?" Brooklyn finally spoke up once his foot hit the first step in attempts to go upstairs. Chris slowly turned around, looking like a deer caught in headlights.

"Baby." He softly said. Brooklyn held up her hand, signalling for him to not come closer just as yet.

"Don't bullshit me Chris, where were you and why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" This was another reason why Brooklyn felt he was out doing something he had no business doing. It wasn't rare for Chris to have to leave the house in the middle of the night to straighten things out. But he always made it his duty to tell Brooklyn he was leaving out no matter what, even when they weren't formally living together.

"Look, I only went out for a few hours and I ain't wake you cause I know you're pregnant and tired. Can we please just talk about this in the morning, it's 3:48AM Brooklyn." Brooklyn scrunched up her face and hopped off of the kitchen counter, walking closer to Chris. She cut the light fully on, looking up at his face that was partially covered by his hat and shades.

"You think I'm dumb? We're going to talk about this right now, it wasn't too late when you was out doing whatever you were doing....and because I'm pregnant Chris? Really? Cut the act, you've woken me up plenty of times since I've been pregnant in the middle of the night. I want details, specifics. Out where, out with who, who was on the phone this early in the morning? I'm not playing with you right now."

"I'm not playing with you either." Brooklyn darkly chuckled to herself from his smart remarks.

"Let me remind you that you're the one who snuck out it the middle of the night, leaving his pregnant fiance at home. At first I was gonna give you the benefit of the doubt cause you be working or whatever. But the fact you getting smart and defensive is telling me you were doing something that you know you shouldn't be doing." Chris leaned on the stair railing as he stood on the second step, looking down at Brooklyn who was standing on the ground.

"Wasn't nobody cheating on you so you can get that thought out your head. We just hit up the club for a couple hours. Stop bitching." Brooklyn's eyes widened and her mouth dropped at how he looked at her with a stone cold face.

"Are you drunk or something?!" He wasn't stumbling or slurring nor did he look like he was out of it. Chris waved his hand in a dismissive type of way and jogged upstairs. Brooklyn nodded to herself and turned back around to walk back into the kitchen.

"Got me fucked up." She mumbled to herself as she roughly grabbed a knife from the kitchen counter. No, she wasn't going to stab him...but there was nothing wrong with putting a little bit of fear in his heart.

"Imma ask you one last time, who were you with, what did you do, and where exactly were you." Chris turned around and a flash of fear shined through his eyes, it pleased Brooklyn to see. He didn't allow himself to seem weak for too long, but Brooklyn knew that deep down he was scared shitless. She couldn't understand why he was putting up this dismissive attitude anyways.

"You're doing way too much bruh. I was with Trey, we went to the strip club, and I got a couple dances. Ain't nothing serious." Chris shrugged. Brooklyn shook her head in disbelief and paced the floor with her hand on her stomach.

"You must love embarrassing me Chris. I already told you that I'm not doing this back and forth shit with you anymore. A week after you propose, you already in the damn strip club getting ya lil dances and shit from $2 hoes." Chris groaned and tossed his shirt to the side of the room.