Chapter 35 - Full Steam Ahead! The Training Camp begins!

Start from the beginning

"Development Studio? Must be it."

"Hatsume! What are you doing?!" A voice coming from the room yelled.

"This is dangerous! You could blow up the entire school! This won't work!

"I have not failed, Mr. Power Loader, I just found 10,000 ways that this won't work!"

"Blow up the school? Sounds dangerous." Kaito reached for the door. "Here goes." Kaito knocked on the door, slowly twisted the door knob, opened the door.
"Hello? I'm here to- *Bonk*" A barrel hits him upside the head. "Ouch! What the? A barrel?!" He had a red lump on his head.

"Sorry about that! This one's still in testing phase!" A girl with pink hair and unforgettable yellow scope looking eyes appeared, grabbing the barrel from his hands.

"Wait! You're that crazy chick from the sports festival!"

"You're that steam guy from the hero course!"

*Spiderman pointing at Spiderman meme*

"Mei Hatsume!"

"I don't even know who you are! Now I'm busy creating new babies, so, bye!" She dashed off.

"D-don't even know who I am? She's a total airhead."

"Oh, hey. You're one of Eraserhead's students, right? What brings you here?" Power Loader approached.

"Hey, Mr. Power Loader. I was wondering about my steam gauntlets. They got considerably stronger and-" before he could continue, Hatsume jumped in.

"You're telling me those babies are Yours?!" She was close, super close.

"Um-"

"The amount of energy you generate is off the charts!" Hatsume grabbed his hands to take a closer look.

"Huh?! Handholding? What a degenerate!"

"When you asked for repairs on your gauntlets for the first time, she almost fainted." Power Loader spoke up. "She noted that the design wasn't really giving you the full potential of the gauntlets. So she designed new ones. The ones you have currently. The company that built the originals overlooked some details, so when she got her hands on your gauntlets... well, you can see what happened."

"So that explains why I got them back so quickly."

"Yes. That's right."

"Tell me. Is it true that you came up with the design yourself?!" Hatsume asked, clearly hyped.

"Y-yeah. But there was no way for me to build without the proper equipment. Why you ask?"

"They are awesome! Did you use the steam rocket?!"

"Steam rocket?" *visible confusion*

"Yes! I added a mini steam powered rocket to each of the gauntlets! Come, you should try some of my babies!" Hatsume rushed off.

"W-wait. Slow down! *sigh* I think I'm ok. Really." Kaito looked around the room. He saw a lot of junk and a bunch of support items and other prototypes. "*whistle* That's a lot of support items."

"And she made them all."

"That mountain of items? Woah..."

"This girl is something special. You would do well if you value your friendship with her, specially if you're gonna use support items when you become a pro. She's something else entirely, she's special. So, Atsuhito, right? What can we do for you?"

"You should try these babies on!" Hatsume returned with some sort of power armor.

"N-no, I'm okay, really. I just wanted to thank you, that's all." Kaito rubbed his nape, avoiding eye contact. "For the gauntlets and all. It really helped. So, uh... thanks Hatsume."