"Thank you," I smiled at her.

"Oh, right! Are you ready? It's time for you to walk down the aisle," she looked super excited.

I got nervous, "It's time already? Wow, time sure flies by, oh god..."

Molly exited the room to make her way outside, she was the ring bearer so she had to walk down the aisle before I did to get in position. We chose her because she seemed to look the youngest out of all the people we knew, plus, we don't really care if it is not traditional, what's the fun in a marriage if you are strictly following the rules?

Andrea linked her arm with mine, "Don't worry, you look great so feel great. Eros is probably gonna cry when you walk in so you have that to look forward to."

I laughed a bit.

He probably will.

***

When people say this moment in their lives is emotional, they aren't wrong. I know I've said this a million times already but I never expected to ever get married. It was something that was off the table, impossible, yet, here I am, in the moment. My was heart pounding and my hands were clammy as Andrea walked me down the aisle to my boyfriend soon to be husband.

I could see from here that he is was already as emotional as I was, of course, it was obvious that he was trying to hold back, but I could see right through the front he was putting up. At this very moment, all the pointless arguments of the past had been forgotten, all the bad stuff had vanished and what was left was pure happiness. This happiness was almost overwhelming, but the look on his face made it all worth it.

Once I made it to my spot, Athanasius cleared his throat. He was the Officiant, when he found out about the engagement he made sure to tell us he was certified to be an officiant and would love to be ours.

"Good evening everyone, my name is Athanasius, and I have the privilege of performing this ceremony today. On behalf of Eros and Dylan, welcome, and thank you all for being here. They are thrilled that you are here today to share in their joy during this wonderful moment in their lives. By your presence, you celebrate with them the love they have discovered in each other and you support their decision to commit themselves to one another for the rest of their lives. The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves. If there is anything better than being loved, it is loving. This afternoon we are here to celebrate love. We come together to witness and proclaim the joining together of these two persons in marriage. This is the union of two individuals in heart, body, mind, and spirit, Therefore, marriage is not to be entered into lightly, but reverently, honestly, and deliberately. And it is into this union that Eros and Dylan come now to be joined."

He paused for a second, then continued, "Now a reading that expresses the sense of joy and love on this occasion. It is called 'To My Friend': 'I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself but for what you are making of me. I love you because you have done more than any creed could have done to make me good, and more than any fate could have done to make me happy. You have done it without a touch, without a word, without a sign. You have done it by being yourself. Perhaps that is what being a friend means, after all.'"

There was another short pause before he began, now it was time for the serious part, "Eros, you have chosen Dylan Porter to be your life partner. Will you love and respect him? Will you be honest with him always? Will you stand by him through what ever may come?"

I looked into his eyes as he did the same, "I will," he responded, his eyes filled with what was love.

"Dylan you have chosen Eros to be your life partner. Will you love and respect him? Will you be honest with him always? Will you stand by him through what ever may come?"

Cupid's Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें