Austin was quiet for a moment before answering. "Freshman orientation," he tells her, shocking her.

"What?" She said. "No way," she laughs off. "I️ definitely wasn't as cute at fourteen as I️ am at eighteen."

"You were the prettiest girl I've ever seen," he tells her honestly, making her look at him. "And you got just got prettier every year," he shrugged.

"Why are you telling me this now?" She asks softly.

Austin looked down before looking back up at her

Austin looked down before looking back up at her. "In case tonight was the last time we ever saw each other. I️ just...took a chance. Nothing to lose much now I️ guess," he shyly explains. "I️ just didn't want to regret...not letting you know how I️ felt about you."

They both looked deep into each other's eyes now, a pull now having them inch closer and closer to each other until...

Her phone vibrates for the tenth time that night.

She gasps and realized that her parents have been calling her for the past hour. "Oh shit!" She unlocks her phone and sends a quick text back. "My parents are worried about me. I️ have to go home now," she tells him.

"I'll take you," he says, getting up.

"How much?" She asks. "I️ have-"

"It's on the house sweetie," Austin's mom said. "You leaving now?" She asked.

Austin nodded his head. "Yeah, she's past her bed time," he tells her with a playful smirk, making his mom shoo at him.

"Get home safe mister. I'll be home late," she tells him. "Goodnight kids!"

"Goodnight! Thank you, it was nice to meet you!" Celeste quickly waves off before hurrying out into the parking lot.

A few minutes later and they arrive to the biggest house Austin's ever seen. "Woah..."

Celeste quickly hops out, and Austin follows suit. Just as Celeste was about to ring the doorbell, the door opens, revealing her mother and father. "What's the point of paying your phone bill if you don't even answer when we call?" Her father scolded as soon as he saw her.

"I'm sorry, I️ am! I️ just lost track of time-"

"I️ don't want to hear any excuses. You're smarter than that Celeste," he said, making her frown.

Her mom soothed her father by patting his arm. "We just thought something bad happened had to you," she says in a calmer tone.

"I️ know. And I'm sorry," she said. "I️ was just hanging out with a friend."

That's when their attention turned to Austin hanging in the background. "Friend?" Her dad said, as if he's never heard that word before.

Austin figured that was his cue to introduce himself. He stepped forward and smiled. "Hi, I'm Austin. I️-"

"He's my date," Celeste defends, surprising everyone.

"You didn't mention you had a date," her mom says, slightly confused as her dad glares as Austin, making him drop his outstretched hand.

"Well I️ did, I do," she doubled down.

Her dad simply stepped aside to let her. "Come on Cece, it's getting late," he said. "Thank you Adam-"

"Austin," he corrected.

"...have a good night," her dad shuts the door on him.

Austin sighs and turns around to leave when he hears the door open behind him again. He turns to see who it is as Celeste wrap her arms around his neck without warning. "Thanks for the amazing night," she whispers, pressing a kiss on his cheek. "Text me," she says before retreating back inside.

Austin smiles as he watches her go back into her house. "Yes!" He fist pumps, doing a little dance before composing himself, walking back to his car.

The cycle continues...
_______________________________

The end.

Finally.

After a year and a couple of rewrites.

Might come up with a time-traveling type of story. It's been on my mind for a bit. But while we're waiting, I️ have other stories if y'all Wanna take a look 😌😌. Thanks for reading and voting and sharing all your comments and thoughts. It's so crazy, coming back from basic training a year ago and seeing all the demand for more when I️ left the story in the middle of the 1960's. I️ didn't think many people were gonna read. This story has been reworked like three times and was originally gonna be a Shawn Mendes fanfic (LOL can you imagine that??) but I️ scrapped it cause it wasn't feeling right. I️ basically fused two ideas into one story and it finally worked out!!

Thank you a lot for motivating me!! Writing a full length novel when you have life's challenges thrown at you??? Very hard. That's why so many people leave their books hanging. But I️ was very determined for that not to be me.

And before you guys ask, yes, this is where the story ends. If you guys want a Q&A in the next chapter, just drop ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS HERE ON THIS INLINE!! And I'll answer in the next chapter cause I know y'all have questions. But if no questions are asked, then...I'm not gonna say anything and I'm gonna assume we're done here LOL!

Thank you again!!