1980's - 4

Amaya arrived at the Chandler's at 7 p.m., a little earlier than was asked of her but she just wanted to make a good impression. She eagerly knocked on the front door and waited for it to be opened. Mrs. Chandler answered and was almost surprised when she saw Maya. "Oh, you're here early. That's great," she smiled as she let her in.

"Yep! I️ just wanted to be on time," Maya shrugged

"Yep! I️ just wanted to be on time," Maya shrugged. "Now where is the little munchkin?" She asked.

"Calvin?" Mrs. Chandler called out. "Maya's here," she announced.

The energetic five year old hopped down the stairs as fast as he could and gave her legs a hug, making her laugh. "Hey there," she said, lowering down to his height. "You ready to have fun tonight?" She asked, opening up her bag. "I️ was thinking, we make s'mores on the stove and then watch He-Man on tv," she says cheerfully. "How does that sound?"

"Yay!" Calvin cheered, making both ladies smile.

Just then, Mr. Chandler came down the stairs. "Alright Nicole, lets go," he announced. "My oldest son is supposed to be here in an hour. If he isn't, let me know," he instructs. "You're supposed to be babysitting Calvin but let's face it, you're gonna be babysitting the both of them," he tells her, making her giggle.

"Have a good night you two," she says politely, waving them off. She shuts the door behind her and turns back around to face the five year old. "Alright Cal, whatcha got for me?" She asked him.

After a couple of eating junk food, playing with Star Wars figurines and watching Duck Tales. Calvin finally knocked out around 10 p.m. Maya carries him to bed and tucked him in before climbing back down stairs to wait for his parents to come back. She flipped through the channels but nothing interesting was really on. So she left it back on the cartoons they were watching before and decided to watch that instead.

Fifteen minutes in and she heard the sound of keys jangling and a female voice giggling as the door opened. Just as she was about to stand up to get her things and go, the last person she expected to see walks through the door.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Nick barked at her.

"Me? What are you doing here?" She spits back.

"I️ live here!" He exclaims. His eyes then widen in realization. "No fucking way. You're the new babysitter?" He points at her.

Maya crosses her arms. "And you're the irresponsible older son that couldn't watch his little brother?" She scoffs. "Thanks for the job by the way."

Nick looks over at the girl behind. "Hey, meet me in my room. Second door on the left," he winks, making her giggle. He smacks her ass while she climbed up the stairs, making Maya grimace. He turns back and faces her, a scowl etched on his face. "Okay, you did your job. You can go home now," he waved her off, pushing past her shoulder to head towards the kitchen. He reeked of alcohol, and no doubt he's been drinking.