present day - 5

Jackson watched as Aaliyah threw a drink in Elijah's face and simply smiled as he knew he probably deserved it. But his smile dropped into a frown as he saw Elijah grab Aaliyah roughly by the wrist and drag her outside.

That didn't seem good.

Jackson threw his soda in the trash and went to go follow them outside. He knew he shouldn't intervene, or even care about them.

He didn't.
He just cared about her.

And just as he got outside, he saw Aaliyah on the ground crying, holding her face while Elijah looked at her without any sympathy. It didn't take Jackson long to put two and two together and figure that he hit her. "What did you do?!" He yelled, both eyes were now on him. He stomped over to Elijah and shoved him into the nearest car. Elijah was so drunk, he couldn't even stop it from happening.

He angrily shoved Jackson away from him. "Get the fuck off me man! Mind your business! This is between me and her!" He pointed at his chest.

Jackson aggressively grabs him by the collar. "You like hitting people so much, hit me!" He challenged. Elijah attempted to hit Jackson too, only for him to punch him in the gut and then in the jaw.

Aaliyah stood up and quickly made her way in between them. "Jackson stop!" She pulled on his arm. He stopped what he was doing to look at her and saw that her lip was bleeding and a bruise was forming on her cheek. "Just stop," she tells him.

"But-"

"Just take me home," her voice trembled as she pleaded with him. "Take me home. Please?" She begged.

Jackson relaxed and nodded, prompting her to let go of his arm. He then shoves Elijah into the ground. "Aaliyah!" He yelled behind her. "We not over with baby girl! We not done until I️ say we are!" He screams.

Jackson wraps his arm around her as he leads her back to his car, opening the door for her. Once she got in, she laid her head against the window as he started the car and started the drive over to her house. She didn't say much, besides giving him directions. Once they made it outside her house, he locked the doors before she had a chance to leave, confusing her.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

She shook her head no. "Everything hurts," her voice cracks, trying to hold back tears. But I'm the end, they started flowing as she started to sob. Jackson quickly undoes his seat belt to comfort her. "He hurt me," she started, as if she couldn't believe what he had just done. "Jackson, what did I️ do?" She asked him.

"Nothing!" He quickly said. "You did nothing wrong," he wipes the tears from her face.

"I️ tried Jackson. I️ really really tried," her voice fell to a whisper. "And he still hurt me. I️ tried being there for him and supporting him and it just wasn't enough," she looked up at him.

Jackson was at a loss for words. As if sensing his lack of words, Aaliyah leaned in and out her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry-"

"It's not on you," she closed her eyes.

"I'll make this up to you," he promised.

Aaliyah sat up and looked at him with sad eyes once more

Aaliyah sat up and looked at him with sad eyes once more. She then leaned in and pressed s kiss on his cheek. "Goodnight," she whispers before getting out the car.
____________________________
This story is going on a hiatus due to me going to BMT. I️ might be able to post one more chapter but yes, hiatus.

Please tell ur friends about this story :-) thank you!