1980's - 5

Maya arrived at the Chandler's at 7 again due to both Mrs. Chandler having to take a night shift, but said Mr. Chandler should be home by 10:30 p.m. at the latest.

Calvin was excited to have Maya over, since his own brother didn't pay attention to him much these days. "Maya! Maya! Maya! Maya!" Calvin jumped up and wrapped his arms around.

"Hey kiddo! You ready for another night of fun?" She asked as she got down to his level.

"Yeah!" He nodded his head excitedly, making her giggle.

She couldn't tell if he was having a sugar rush or if he was bouncing up and down out of pure excitement. Either way, it was a very cute sight to behold. "Alright then. Let's get dinner started and then we'll..." she trailed off at the sight of Nick coming down the stairs. "What are you doing here?" She asked him curiously, taking her jacket off and setting it on the couch.

Nick raised an eyebrow as he passed her by. "I️ live here?" He scoffed. "Did I️ hear you were gonna make dinner? Because I'm starving-"

"It's dino nuggets and they're not for you," she snapped, rolling her eyes

"It's dino nuggets and they're not for you," she snapped, rolling her eyes. She went into the kitchen to get started on Calvin's dinner, pulling the nuggets out of the freezer before reaching into the pantry for mac and cheese.

"Hey Nicky, do you wanna play Candyland with me?" Calvin asked, making her turn back to look at them with an amused smile.

Nick looked apprehensive at first, but not even he was immune to Calvin's puppy dog eyes. "Sure Cal," he says sarcastically before setting himself down on the floor, sighing deeply as Calvin jumped up and cheered, rushing off to find the board game.

"Oh the torture," Maya playfully mocked him, making him disdainfully roll his eyes.

"I️ knew I️ should've never came down here," he mutters.

"Then why did you?" She asked as she put the nuggets in the oven before getting started on making the Mac and cheese.

"Wanted to make sure you were still coming," he says, making her look up from the stove. "Like I️ said, it would've crushed Cal that you quit just cause I️ was being a dick to you," he reiterates.

Just then, Calvin bounds down the stairs excitedly. "I'm found it!" He exclaims as he throws down the box in front of Nick, making both teens laugh. She finishes making his food and puts it on a plate for him before calling him over to the dinner table.

"You not gonna eat?" Nick asked, to which she shook her head no.

"Not hungry. I️ ate before I️ got here, obviously," she states before moving towards the living room to assemble the board game for Calvin. "You're being...nice," she noticed, eyeing him suspiciously from the floor. "It's weird."

Nick scoffed. "Contrary to popular belief, I️ am pretty capable of being nice," He rebutted, making her giggle.

Once Calvin finished his meal, he came back over to the living to start playing his game of m with Maya and his big brother. They played for a good while before deciding to watch The Fox and The Hound on VHS. Calvin fell asleep on Maya's lap halfway through the movie though, as she suspected him to. So she slowly got up to pick him up to bring him to his room when Nick stood up beside her.