A.U. 1990's - 7

Eve lets out a nervous breath before knocking on the door. A few seconds later, an older woman with her same complexion opened the door.

"Eve!" The woman greeted warmly, opening the screen door. "Oh my god, look at you! You look so grown up and beautiful. But what did you do to your hair?" She asked, reaching out and touching her straightened hair. "You're hair wasn't this straight before," she points out. "Oooh, but it is long."

"It's nice to see you too Miss Jen. And I️ relaxed it," She simply said. "Um, is Kayla home?" She asked.

"Yeah! Yeah, come in," the older woman steps aside and let's her through. "Kayla! You won't believe who's here," Kayla's mom laughed.

Eve figured around nervously as she waited for her old best friend to come down the stairs. Kayla came down the stairs, confused at first but once she saw Eve, crosses her arms and glared at her.

"Hey..." Eve said.

"What you doing here?" Kayla demanded to know.

Eve sighed before answering. "I️ need your help," she tells her. "Look, I️ got invited to a party at my school and-"

"No," Kayla says.

"But-"

"Girl, I️ got other shit to worry about then you and your private school friends," Kayla hissed before turning around.

Eve runs up the stairs and stops her. "Kayla, please!" She pleaded. "For four long years, I've busted my ass at that school to get into college, and to work and watch my siblings at the same time, okay? I️ never once went to a party, or hung out with friends cause I've been to busy trying to graduate and keep my siblings together," she tells her. "For once, I️ would like to go out. Feel like a normal teen."

"I'm sorry we fell off, I️ really am. I️ never meant to ditch you but everything started piling on top of me-"

"Fine."

"...and the pressure became too-Wait what?" Eve stutters.

Kayla sighs and rolls her eyes. "Stop crying. I'll help you," she agrees. "What do you need?" She asks.

"Someone to watch Eva and Eddie for four hours while I'm gone,"

"And how much are you paying?" Kayla wonders.

Eve sighed. "I'll pay you $80 for the whole night," she offers.

Kayla raised an eyebrow I'm surprised. "I️ would've done it for less," she said. "Who are you trying to see tonight girl?" Eve blushed and Kayla gasped. "Wait! You are trying to see someone? Who?"

"A really cute football player I️ had to help tutor," she tells her with a slight smile.

"You like him!" Kayla points accusingly are her, making her blush. "Is he white?"