Epilogue

It was her prom night, and she was sitting on the sidelines like a loser. But that's what she got for trying to please her parents and make good grades. She got a full ride and an internship at a law firm waiting for her when she got out of school but at the cost of her teenage years and freedom.

These were the years to make mistakes. To make memories of partying, hanging with friends, going to football games and home comings, falling in love and/or crying over a broken heart. She was lucky she even got to go to prom. Instead, the only memories she has, were constantly studying, studying, studying.

She sighed as she watched everyone dance with their friends or significant others. She didn't even have a sibling or cousin to dance with or keep her company.

"I️ should've never came here," she said to herself.

"Same here," a voice agreed beside her. She looked over to see a familiar face. "This dance is just...incredibly lame."

She laughs at his comment

She laughs at his comment. "It's not lame..."

"It's lame," he nods.

"I️ just don't have anyone to dance with," she tells him.

He holds his hand out for her to take. "Well then," he says, "may I️ have this dance?" He asks.

She gingerly takes his hand into hers and smiles. "You may," she accepts, letting him lead her on to the dance floor. The DJ puts on a slow song just as they arrive on to the dance floor.

She closes her eyes as she wraps her arms around his broad shoulders and sway to the 50's sounding song playing in the background. This was the moment he's been dreaming off ever since he got to that school and first laid eyes on her. Austin's has a crush on Celeste Washington for years, and how could he not? She was sweet, soft-spoken, smart as hell and not to mention, beautiful. Of course not many people took notice of her because her head was always in books. But he noticed.

And tonight was the first time she noticed him too.

Sure they've had a couple of classes together over the years, and Celeste's always thought about dating, like any normal teenaged girl. But Austin Chambers wasn't exactly a guy her father would approve of, which is why she never gave him a second glance. But it was like she was seeing him for the first time that night.

He was sweet. He was a gentleman. And he definitely was handsome enough that she questioned why he was with her.

Once the dance was over, they took a step back and smiled. "Thanks for the dance," she smiled gratefully.

"It was my pleasure, seriously," he says. Just was she turned to walk away, he reached out and pulled her back. "Wait..." he said, catching her attention once again. "Uh, do you...want to get out of here?" He asked, making her eyes widen. "Not like that! I️ just mean...we're both bored here so why don't we just, hang out. Get some food," he suggests. "My treat."